Monday 8 June 2009

Weekend cards

This weekend was Emma's engagement party. The weather had been cold and crisp all week but of course on Saturday it was cold and a bit wet. Luckily they had bought a marquee that they put over the deck and it was perfect. The family were invited round for afternoon tea/drinks and nibbles. Emma is a great little cook and made over 100 cup cakes - all beautifully iced and decorated. Plus made an amazing chocolate mud cake. Yum. She got some amazing gifts and asked me to make the thank you cards...... So I made a start on Sunday. I chose a very simple design I saw on a web site using a reverse mask and used lots of different coloured inks to sponge on the colours. Then I used either HA scroll tree or Delicate leaves to stamp over the inked circle. I used a variety of Thank you sentiments by Hero Arts and Penny Black. I've got 15 done so far.... another 10 to go. As they are quite small I have had to make the envelope to match - thank goodness I have a template that is just the right size.I also managed to get this card made for my Mother in Law whose birthday is next Monday. We are going down to see her this coming weekend. For this card I used my largest Label 1 nestie to shape the base card and the PP for the layer. I also used my Spellbinders butterfly die to cut out the butterfly which I embossed and then added Pearlex powder in gold. The flourish is by Inkadinkadoo - and sentiment from HA CL272 All occasions messages. As this is a smaller than usual card I will need to make an envelope for it as well.

Well its time to go watch some TV - CSI then Brothers and Sisters so thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn, your cards as always are wonderful. I would just like to thankyou for the wonderful comment on my latest card. It really made my day. I have also nominated you for an award on my blog. Take care hugs xoxoxoxoxo

Monika Reeck said...

Dawn...your thanks card is so cute..and your buttefly card oooh...I LOVE butterfly and it is very pretty Dawn....hugs

Tomo H. said...

You made many lovely thanks cards for Emma, dinn't you?
And the butterfly B-day card is terrific! Awesome details!

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! I like the pretty thank you cards you made with the masking. Very creative! :-)

ilona said...

Hi Dawn,

I wondered here via multiple other blogs (that's coe for "How on earth did I get here?"). Glad to have found you, love your work! I may need to lift the card you did for your MIL, love it! Thanks for sharing.

Best regards, Ilona from The Netherlands