Saturday 24 October 2009

Foiled again challenge



Over at TwoPeas Suzz has a great challenge as part of the 2peas  Stamptoberfest 2009,  It's all about using tinfoil ( the stuff you have in your kitchen cupboard/pantry). She did some lovely samples ( here they are).  This afternoon, I finally got around to playing.  I started by spraying some card stock with vellum adhesive and then adding the tinfoil.  I used a damp tea towel to smooth it out from the centre.  This worked perfectly and I didn't get much wrinkling.  I started with embossing a couple of pieces  ( still have to make them up)  On one piece I decided to try some alcohol inks.  I used Red Pepper and Stonewash together ( although the red came through more than the blue)  I then put it through the CB using Textile folder.  I then used the rectangle nestibility to cut it out and emboss.  The embossing flattened out the textile a bit, so once I'd matted it I put it through the CB again, this time using the snowflake folder.  The textile embossing is still just visible and gives it a quite interesting look.  I then stamped the sentiment (from Stamp-it) in versamark and embossed it with Silver Tinsel powder.  I had so much fun with this technique- I just love the look of the embossed foil.  So a big thanks to Suzz for setting this challenge.
Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Very pretty card! Love the alcohol inks on the foil! See you have some more fun pieces there.. Can't wait to see what you create with them!

donna mikasa said...

Wow! I can't believe it's ordinary aluminum foil! Love how it turns out with the alcohol inks--so elegant and perfect for holiday cards!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow Dawn, I need to start playing with foil more! What a unique look, love it!! You've been a busy crafter!

Vanessa said...

Cool look! I have to try this!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Great results with your foil! :-)