Thursday 27 January 2011

For a Friend

First off, many thanks for all your lovely comments yesterday.... it helped me heaps... it is hard being here and Peter and the family so far away.  I went and spent some time with my daughter and son in law last evening and tonight went out to dinner with my son.  Had a chat with Peter and they had been out for High Tea at Harrods, a favourite pastime of Helen's and had her favourite Custard Squares.  Her funeral service is not till the 15th Feb... (takes such a long time in England) so Peter won't be able to stay.

To keep myself occupied, I have been playing round with some digi pages I purchased from Webster's Pages.  The originals are 12x12 so I am still working out how to print them for cards.  I have a selection of bits... some parts of paper, some I've printed out in 6x6 size and will cut down and some I printed out onto A4 paper.  I decided to make a card, but printed the piece a bit small.... so some improvisation...some extra PP, punched edge and some ric-rack and here's what I did.
For a Friend
The  flourishes are from a set by Rosie's Studio and the sentiment by Hero Arts.  I had another go at a rolled rose... didn't turn out to bad.  Added some stickles for a bit of shimmer and for the leaves, I added some folded velvet ribbon.  This card is for someone special and as the rose adds bulk I decided to make an envelope box ( seen here at Splitcoaststampers)  I added some more of the Webster's Pages that I printed out onto plain copy paper.



As this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge is "Animal Antics" I am entering this card.  I was trawling through the 'net and saw this challenge and thought it fitted perfectly for the card. I like when that happens!

Oh well, I have to go pay some bills on-line and finish reading the blogs on my list... so take care.

6 comments:

Pajalu said...

Dawn I am so very sorry for your family's loss. Helen sounded like one amazing lady. Know that we are thinking of you & Peter (& the rest of your family). Your card is beautiful. Good luck with the challenge & take care xoxoxoxoxoxo

Barb said...

I'm glad you have some support and love through your children right now, Dawn. That is so important. Lovely card today. . .your rose is beautiful and I love the way you added the extra paper and ric rac! Take care, my friend. . .big hugs to you!

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Dawn, so pleased you are spending time with the family. Keep busy making cards, these two creations are fabulous. I must check out that box tutorial.
Hugs
Sally

Scrumplescrunch said...

Well one has to ask is it worth downloading paper, and trying to print it the way you want! I have given up as I could never get it right, so Dawn you have done well and your card is great. Good advice from Sally, creating will help as it is what you love to do.
Smiles:)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Well the friend that was the recipient of this card was me.
It is truly a lovely card and I am so glad it is mine.
Thank-you Dawn for a lovely afternoon, I enjoyed your company very much.
Smiles:)

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card and gift! Glad you are trying to stay busy to help with the grief. Prayers and hugs.