Wednesday 5 January 2011

Happy Birthday Mum

Yesterday was my Mum's birthday.  I sent her a card but due to NZ having it's public holidays on Monday and Tuesday after Christmas and New Year, it didn't make it on time...... I suspect it will be a few days.... so Mum..... here is your card!!!!

Birthday Bloom


Using my new Small Striped  Flower cling and inspired by this card by Tiffany.

I spoke with Mum yesterday morning which was nice.  She said that the morning was going well....

I also sent them a card for their anniversary which was last week.
Anniversary Card

this one used another of my new Hero Arts stamps.... Classic Fabric Design.  I stamped it in black on some silver translucent paper and cut to size. The base card was made with some Bazzil. I then stamped a chandler onto white card ( stamp by Teresa Collins) and cut it out. Once it was stuck to the background added some Glossy Accents to make it shine and a small piece of peelcraft for the chain. I used the computer to print the sentiment and cut with a Spellbinders die. Added some little blue gems ( free gift with my last Simon Says Stamp order)

I also managed to get a card done for hubby's niece who was 13 on the 2nd of January.  One of The Greeting Farm stamps I won from Kelly was a Friday stamp, which I thought was perfect for a teenager.  I kept the card fairly simple.

Friday Birthday


We are having a great summer here now... hot and sunny.  My friend Sue has described Auckland summers perfectly in her post here.  Go have a read and see her wonderful picture of the morning sunrise......   I'm off to enjoy the rest of the day.... and finish off a card for January's challenge on the HA blog....

10 comments:

Pajalu said...

Wishing your Mum a very Happy Birthday from the girls & me. Love the two cards you have made they look really devine. Please send some sunshine our way please!!! lol xoxoxoxoxo

Barb said...

Hope your beautiful card gets to your mom soon, Dawn! Love all three cards!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Great cards Dawn, Love the one you did for your niece, I hope she likes it. 13 year olds can be very fickle!
My niece arrives tonight.
Smiles:)

Suzanne C said...

What wonderful cards for your mom and dad. The birthday card is so pretty and the anniversary card very elegant. Love the card for your niece, very fun.

Virginia L. said...

Love your card for mom and Dad!! Happy birthday to your mom. She is going to love it!

Anita Rex said...

What a beauty of a card you made your mother! With all the holidays here too the mail has been so delayed. BUT I did receive your card today! What a beauty, and what you wrote inside touched me! Thank you!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love your cards Dawn! Happy Birthday to your Mom too! I'm glad my card inspired you, love that flower from Hero Arts!

Sanne said...

Bet your mom loved this - beautiful cards today!

Deirdre said...

Beautiful cards Dawn. Thanks so much for sharing.

Happy New Year to you and yours and wishing you all things wonderful for 2011. Hugs, Deirdre

donna mikasa said...

You created such wonderful cards, Dawn! Love the Anniversary one--so elegant in black!