Friday 28 January 2011

January CCC

It's that time of the month again.... no not THAT TIME OF THE MONTH! but the time to reveal the creations for Deborah's Card Chain Challenge....  Deborah had some interesting choices for January's challenge.

3 Challenge Options
You can use as many of the following options as you like, but you're only required to use one of them.
Color Palette:  
2011-01
 
Note: the colours and names are a guide, so no need for a perfect match.
(You also don't need to use all of them.)
Template:
  2011-01

  Theme:
Valentine's Day  OR 
Friendship  OR

I'm not very good with combining colours so I thought I'd do the Friendship theme and the sketch.  Here's what I sent to Mariette in the Netherlands

January 2011 CCC

and in return I received this lovely card from Marian in Indonesia 
I really enjoy taking part in this Challenge.  I have some amazing cards from all over the world.

Today I was lucky to spend so time with my friend Sue.  Yesterday's card was a belated birthday card for her.   We had a lovely cup of Fennel Tea and then I got to see her wonderful cards ( so can you here).  Sue makes amazing watercolour backgrounds and today she showed me how.  She made two lovely pieces, very similar, so we have challenged ourselves to use it and see what we come up with.  Mine is still drying.... the rain started this afternoon and is still coming down steadily  and the humidity is high.  The edge of Cyclone Wilma.  Hopefully not as bad as last weekends storm which caused lots of flooding round Auckland's waterfront roads. 

Enjoy your weekend everyone.  I'll be crafting lots, to keep myself occupied... it's a long weekend here in Auckland...to celebrate our region's Anniversary so an extra day.

6 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Great take on the sketch, Dawn! I think I would have gone that route, too. Hope to get back into the CCC again, and I love your card from Marian.

stampingandstitching said...

Loved seeing the two gorgeous cards from this month's CCC, Dawn! Love your take on the sketch and beautiful soft colouring! Marian's card is so pretty and I love the colours she used. Have a great long weekend!

Virginia L. said...

ARe these two beautiful!? It's so fabulous to see! TFS, Dawn! I'm thinking of you!xo

Barb said...

Both cards are so beautiful, Dawn! I can't wait to see what you and Sue create with your backgrounds! Stay dry!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely card you sent and beautiful one you received! Looking forward to creations.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Both cards are so beautiful, love the flowers on each! I have difficulty with that type of sketch where there is a vertical and horizontal line crossing each other, you did great on that sketch!