Tuesday 11 January 2011

Quirky Puppy....

On Donna's blog the other day she showed this card.  Isn't it cute... The little Shih Tzu is a freebie image from Tiddly Inks (here).  My workmate Linda, has a little Shih Tzu called Riley .. so I made this card for her... to celebrate the New Year.
Shih Zhu New Year

I used water colour pencils to colour in the image and cut it out with nesties, using my new eyelet circles to make the matt.   I used the computer to do the sentiment....And I used a card base that was sitting in my scrap pile... one where I had put the crease in the wrong spot so had added a panel on the bottom to even up!!!!  Thought he looked quite quirky...

Last night I worked on my CCC card.... My recipient is Mariette in The Netherlands.... so until she gets the card, I will not post it here.  I can tell you I did some masking so I will put it into the HA challenge eventually!!!! 

And tonight I started to make another card with one of my favourite stamps from last year... one of the Poppy stamps from Delicate Blossoms set.  Have got to make a trip to the LSS tomorrow as I want a very dark blue/green bazzill for it......... hopefully they will have just the colour I want!!!!!!!!  (plus a few other bits and pieces no doubt)

Well it's bed time for me..... this having to work is a real pain.... interrupts the crafting time!!!!  Take care.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Your co-worker is going to love this, Dawn! That image is the cutest! Love the way you've colored it! I'm feeling the same way about working! So tough after a long vacation! Today will be my third day back. . .hope I get used to it again, soon! :)

Monika Reeck said...

yayy cute Pupy lovely coloring and nice colors Dawn, love this simplicity on your card...hugs

stampingandstitching said...

Adorable card, Dawn! The little puppy is so cute and you have coloured him beautifully! Linda must have loved it!

Suzanne C said...

This is so sweet! I agree that the coloring is perfect too! Adorable card!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Dawn! Glad you grabbed the freebie and created such a sweet card! I'm sure your friend loved this New Year's card....I do!