Wednesday 26 January 2011

A very sad day for the Turley's.

It is with tears in my eyes and heart that I let you know Peter's sister, Helen, passed away overnight.   (Tues morning London time).  Peter did not quite make it.... she passed away around about the same time as his plane landed at Heathrow.  It is a very very sad day for the family.  Only 11 weeks ago this amazing woman ran the New York marathon in 3 hrs 44 mins and today she is gone, aged 46.  Life can be so unfair.... From having 6 sisters, Peter now only has 2 left, losing 3 to cancer in the past 7 years. 

Knowing the outcome was inevitable, I had made this card on the weekend, to sent to Helen's husband, Neil, when it eventuated... never dreaming it would be so soon.

Sympathy Card


I will post it off later today.

RIP my darling Helen.  You will be very sadly missed.

13 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Oh... Dawn!! I'm SO very sorry to hear the terrible news about your SIL Helen. I know this must be a difficult time for you and especially for Peter. I'm keeping you and family in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you BIG hugs right now.xoxo

Kelly Booth said...

Sooooo sorry Dawn...sending you big huge hugs!

Suzanne C said...

So sorry dawn. Prayers and thoughts to you and your family.

Trinh said...

I'm so sorry, Dawn. My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.

Scrumplescrunch said...

I am here Dawn if you need me.
This is a time when you should not be alone, I hope you have family with you now.
Hugs and more Hugs.
Sue xxx

Lin said...

Oh, Dawn, I'm so very sorry to hear this sad, sad news. Life is so very precious and so fleeting. Sending you hugs!

Nancy said...

Dawn, my heart is breaking for your loss. I'm so sorry that your husband has lost another sister. Sending you love and my prayers for comfort and peace. You are in my thoughts.
bless you...

Anita Rex said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry! I can't believe that only 11 weeks ago she ran the New York city marathon! Life can be so bittersweet. I feel so badly for your husband that he missed her. I think I told you how my mother and aunt and uncle missed there sister, they were in the plane when she passed also. It was so very hard for them. I pray that your card brings comfort to her husband. Please know that I am thinking of you Dawn.

Barb said...

I am so, so sorry, Dawn. Knowing this was inevitable, doesn't make it any easier. It just seemed to happen so quickly. I am praying that your pain and grief will eventually be replaced with beautiful memories of Helen. I'll be thinking of you and your family at this sad time. Sending you much love and hugs, my good friend.

donna mikasa said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure Helen's husband will treasure your card, knowing that it was created with her in mind. Take good care, Dawn.

Vicky said...

So sorry to hear that Aunty Dawn, Big hugs to you, Uncle Pete and the family. Will be thinking of you xxxxx

CinnamonSally said...

Oh Dawn, I am so, so sorry. Its so sad, she was so young and your poor husband flying all that way he must be so upset. Love your sweet card its perfect.
Hugs
Sally

stampingandstitching said...

Oh Dawn, I'm so sorry to hear about Helen. Even when you know it's inevitable it still comes as a terrible shock. My heart goes out to you and your family. Hugs to you all.