Friday 7 January 2011

What a naughty cat.....

Snoopy has been up to his old tricks again.... but this time he has upset my next door neighbour!!!!!  He bought home her big straw hat the other night.... how on earth he managed to drag it over the fence, up 6 steps and inside, I really don't know.... but unfortunately this neighbour is rather odd and not as tolerant as the other side ones....  she really got into a state yesterday, demanding I get rid of the cat.... and it was causing her to be mentally stressed!!!!!  I was patient and told her to get a water pistol and spray him whenever she saw him over at her place.......... what more can I do?????  He really is a bit of a rat bag.....

Anyway Snoopy got me to make a little card to give to Joshua, Lucy and Elle who feed him while we were away.....
Kitty cat thanks

The background was some that I made with distress inks and gold pearlised water.  The image is a stamp I bought of Trade Me for $2.  I added Metallic Accents to the cats ears and feet and tail...  Although you can't see it in the picture... the outer edge of the back of the card has the same edging punched.  To get it to sit properly I had to open the card a bit.   Inside it says " thanks for feeding me.  Love Snoopy"

I got quite a bit done yesterday as it was a bit windy ( to windy to swim)  I made some multi coloured backgrounds with Kaleidocolor  inks and my Fabric design background cling... and I cleaned off the brayer by running it over a scrap piece of card.  I then overstamped the design in Fired Brick ink and cut up the pieces to create a Mosaic background to enter into Louise's latest challenge .  I used some Black Metallic Accents for the grouting ( think it looks more like Stained Glass though)
Mosaic tag

added some netting for texture and a bird from The Graphic Fairy.   The text was typed onto some translucent paper via the computer and torn

And just when I had posted the Christmas cards from my friends,.... two more arrived in yesterdays mail.... so many thanks to Suzz and Donna...
Aren't they just gorgeous.  Donna also kindly sent me some of her lovely dyed ribbon.  It is so pretty.   Thank you to these kind ladies.

Well today is my last day of holidays... back to work Monday  :-(  and the weather is perfect... infact a bit too hot.... hence being inside at 2pm trying to stay cool.   I think a swim is in order shortly and then shower and get ready to go out to dinner.... Hubby told me this morning he would take me out to the Club ( we belong to the Bays Club) for dinner. 

Thank you all for your lovely comments on this blog.... I ramble on and it is nice to know that someone takes the time to read it.... Much appreciated.

5 comments:

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn, Loved reading your post today (made me smile) & loved seeing your cards. Snoopy sounds like a interesting little cat. Don't worry about the neighbour, obvisously she's got nothing better to complain about. xoxoxo

Barb said...

I agree with Paula. Who does she think she is, telling you to get rid of your cat?! Mentally stressed? Please! (my eyes are rolling) Love your cards today! The kitty one is so cute and your mosaic design turned out beautifully! Such wonderful cards from Suzz and Donna and your sunny, warm photos make me very jealous! Have fun at dinner tonight, Dawn!

Joy said...

Well that story of your cat made me giggle Dawn, I could just see your cat doing that, how funny! Your neighbour, not so laid back. I love all the cards you showed her, such beautiful ones from you all. Thanks for linking to my blog candy! Hugs!

Anita Rex said...

Your cat is hilarious! How did snoopy get that hat all the way home? SO FUNNY! And what a neighbor! So rude of her to suggest you get rid of the cat! Love your cards today! What a great background on the birdy one, and it's fun to see the beautiful cards that have arrived!

Suzanne C said...

Love your stories of the cat. I don't understand that.. We have had plenty of cats over the years and they never picked anything bigger up and dragged it around. Too funny! LOvely thank you card the background is gorgeous! Glad the card made it safely. :)