Sunday 13 February 2011

A Marathon Stamping Session...........

almost 12 hours worth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Today I feel shattered..... but oh what fun.  Stamp'n'create ~ one of my LSS~ runs a monthly group on the 2nd Saturday of the month.  It runs from 10.00am till midnight..... so far I haven't made it to midnight... lasted till nearly 10.00pm last night.  We have a shared lunch and dinner ( for those left around 7pm)  Yesterday we started with 8, by around 6pm there were 4 of us left, and then Sue B and I left round 10.00 leaving two to continue.  Judi ( owner ) obviously stays too...

I had such fun... lots of talking, making, eating .... here we are

 
Sue and Sue working away... 

 Sue B hard at work
 Glenda
 Betty with her Cuppa
my deskspace at 5pm ( 4 cards made, 3 to go)

Yeap.... I got 7 cards made, cut out an onion envelope ( still to work out what to put in it!) and colouring in an image.... so very pleased.  It was slow going to start as I have been suffering a bit of a creative block.

So I had gone to my Flickr group for inspiration, and visited  a few blogs to get some ideas.  Thank you to everyone who gave me inspirations...

First off... it's thanks to Deirdre and her lovely CAS Valentines ~ plus the note that the HA digi kit was on sale~  
Love Always
I printed out the image onto kraft card ~ used the coloured stamp - looks sepia coloured.  I then highlighted the umbrella in yellow and distressed some white card in yellows and oranges to mat the image.  I then added some of my hand made roses and a bit of lace ( thanks to Sue B for that idea) and a nice big bow.  
More over the next few days ~ otherwise you'd all be asleep by the end of what would be a LONG post!!!!!!!!!!!
Am off to spend the afternoon with my DD ~ a girlie afternoon of shopping... and to see the offical wedding photos.... 
thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Love the digie card! Your stamp marathon looks like a FAB time to be had! You've got stamina and passion---a must for a stamper :)TFS!

Anita Rex said...

WoW! What a loooong day! Must be sooo fun! :> Love your card, I like how you did the two colored umbrella!

~amy~ said...

Well how fun is that? A Day of stamping...wow! Love your card!

CinnamonSally said...

Looks like you had a fun filled day Dawn, wish stores round here held something like that, I would love it. Love your card too.

LJabin said...

very romantic-sweet. The yellow umbrella is a wonderful highlight

Deirdre said...

Woohoo Dawn, love what you created with that wonderful HA digi.... so much fun to play with.

Love what you created - looks like you had a great day. Thanks for sharing the photos.

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Looks like so much fun, Dawn!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh that sounds like such a fun day, Dawn! I'm looking forward to seeing all your cards. This one is gorgeous! I love the colours and the way you have just coloured the umbrella! Your flowers are fab too. I'll have to look up an onion envelope - I've never heard of one!

Suzanne C said...

This looks like so much fun and love the card you shared. Super sweet image of the couple.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my goodness, 12 hours sounds so dreamy! I am coming over to you to stamp next time, so fun!!