Tuesday 15 May 2012

Of Corsets your Birthday!



http://www.rubbadubbadoo.com/shop/images/of%20corsets.jpg
At Stamp group on Saturday one of my favourite times is when I first arrive as I go for a stroll round Stamp'n'create shop and see what's there..  And I found an amazing sentiment stamp by Rubbadubbadoo  and thought it would be perfect for the Stampendous Corset dress form stamp.

Of corsets your birthday!

I found some lovely Webster's Pages PP for my background and layered it onto a square white card base.  I stamped the Corset stamp onto white card and coloured with Copics.  I mounted it onto wine card. The white looked a little harsh so sponged some Tattered Rose distress inks around the image.   The sentiment is also layered onto the wine card.  I then used some of the wine card to make a rose.  I am having so much fun with my new Cherry Lynn rose dies 

Here's another card I made with the roses...

CAS Roses

This one is more CAS and was inspired by this card by Brenda.  I loved the design she used and the  background stamp.  I love the CAS look of using the Lattice background.  I used HA Stone Wash ink.  The little sentiment is from a HA Basic Grey set.   I made some more of the wine coloured roses, two medium and one small.   Thanks for the inspiration Brenda (and also for picking my comment to win your lovely giveaway!)

And talking of giveaways, do pop back later in the week as I nearly have mine ready to photo and get posted.  

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope your week is going well. 
Dawn

11 comments:

Isha Gupta said...

Oh Dawn!! Lovely creations. I like what you are creating with that Corset stamp...love it.

joy said...

That sentiment is definitely perfect for this image. I love the colors you've used here and your roses are so pretty. The second card is also beautifully done, Dawn. Congrats on your win from Brenda's blog!!

Barb said...

What a cute play on words with that fun sentiment, Dawn - beautiful card! And I love your take on Brenda's card too - such pretty colors and flowers!

Virginia L. said...

Both are gorgeous! I especially love the 2nd one! The background and flowers are perfect together!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
Two Wonderful cards, the sentiment is just brilliant for your stamp.
Smiles:)
Sue

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn I love the pun on the first card - the whole thing really appeals to me, and the sentiment is a classic!
Your roses are fabulous - love how there is more than one sized too.
Blessings
Maxine

Jay Gee said...

Both of these are lovely Dawn, what a perfect sentiment on the first one :)

Maureen Morton said...

Pure girlie sweetness - and a big grin with that sentiment, Dawn! Wow - I wish I had a stamp group. I can see how much you enjoy it. These cards are fun-tastic!

sheila said...

Love this pun! so cute! And your card is perfect! I also like your second card. That lattice background is gorgeous.

Lisa said...

Hi Dawn! Sorry I have been awol lately on the commenting...I'm so far behind!
I totally love the sentiment for the corset card- that is just too funny :) and the lattice pattern on the 2nd is simply gorgeous. You've made a really lovely CAS card and the pop of color from the flowers is really nice :)

Suzanne C said...

You make the most beautiful cards with that corset! Lovely!