Sunday 19 October 2014

A weekend of stamping...

This weekend I've had a great crafty time.  I got to spend time with my friends for the first time is a while.  We meet at Helen's place and had an awesome day.

 

I had a very productive day... I made matching cards in a box for my twin great nephews who turn 8 later in the month.   I'll share them once the boys get cards.  And I made a good start on some Christmas cards.

Merry Be Your Christmas

I have decided to try and use up some of my VAST number of Christmas PP pads.  I also used a new Nellie Snellen die I got from the Great NZ Craft Fair I went to on Friday. (As well as some new Embossing folders, a new stamp, a Wink of Stella pen and some stickers) I really like this die as the inner oval is part of the set of dies.  So you know the inner will fit.  The sentiment on this is a Kaisercraft one. 

Poinsettia Christmas

Next up is another PP and a Poinsettia stamp (the one I got on Friday) by Kiwi Stamping - a NZ company)  I stamped and embossed it three times, twice on red and once on green and fussy cut.  The sentiment is embossed twice on the red card.  It is a Kaisercraft sentiment.  

Seasons Greetings

More use of PP and my new die set.  Very CAS.  The sentiment from Winnie & Walter and has been embossed.  

And finally an embossed card.

Embossed Holly

I added some Wink of Stella to the raised areas and some red watercolouring for the berries.  '
'
Thank you for taking the time to get this far.  I really appreciate it.

I also had a chance to make some more cards today.  I got another 5 cards done... all in my usual CAS style.  The mojo is simply flowing at the moment. 

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

12 comments:

joy said...

What beautiful creations, Dawn! I love your new die and that gorgeous embossing folder. The patterned paper is also very nice. Good that you were able to get together with your group of friends, too.

Anet's Crafting said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time Dawn. Your Christmas cards are beautiful. Anet x

Cindy C. said...

It is wonderful to get together and craft with friends, thanks for sharing the photo and the beautiful cards Dawn!! And I want to thank you for visiting my new blog!! :)

Becca Cruger said...

You've certainly been busy! I'm so glad you were able to spend some time with family.
I think my favorite card is the poinsettia. It must have taken some time to fussy cut all that. But it's beautiful.

Betty said...

looks like u had a fabulous fun day with your friends - and all those wonderful christmas cards - win win day!

Lucille K said...

What a nice day you've had crafting with your friends, love your pretty Christmas cards :)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn,
I am on the Gold Coast enjoying the sunshine!!!!!
Great selection of Christmas cards.
Smiles:)
Sue

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cards Dawn - I thought the poinsettia looked familiar - I have it in my stash too :-). That die looks fabulous.
Blessings
Maxine

Arlene said...

Let it flow, let it flow, let it flow... Your mojo is really hitting well - some terrific cards, wonderful designs. GO GO GO!

Greta said...

What a fun thing to have a group of stamping friends! You really were productive & I love the cards, especially the last one with that neat embossing folder!

Monika Reeck said...

wooowww so many christmas cards and all are different and so lovely looks like you have fun girls...I wish I can join you but I am living sooo far away from you..(A bit sad) ...it is nice to meet many ladies who has the same hobby..right..hugs, Monika

PS: did you get my envelope Dawn...

alexandra s.m. said...

Love all these marvelous Christmas cards Dawn and what fun you all must have had!