Saturday 14 February 2015

Inpsired by Catherine Pooler and Jill Foster....

I've joined Catherine Pooler's StampNation... an amazing online site that has lots of videos and techniques and a fabulous forum.

Catherine is a fabulously talented lady - very real too... you'll often see her making mistakes and bloppers and then showing you how to fix them.  I really enjoy visiting... On one of my recent visits to StampNation, I watched a video by Catherine that was inspired by one she'd seen Jill Foster do.  Jill is another extremely talented artist.  The technique both ladies used was a Ghost background... a very simple but effective technique where you stamp a background in versamark ink and let it dry.  Once dried, you sponge on distress ink and paints.  It give a very subtle background.  I CASE'd the card that Catherine did...

Can you see the subtle background.  It's a Hero Arts background stamp.  My green colour is Bundled Sage.  My focal panel is made using a Penny Black Sunflower stamp. I used Distress Markers to colour the stamp and spritzed with water before stamping.  I then used Wink of Stella to move the colour around a bit.   The sentiment is from a Winner and Walter set.  I used a Fiskers punch to cut the panel edge and added some PP down the side.  Finished with some Pretty Pink Posh sequins. 

Here's a close up of the beautiful background. 

This is will be a background technique I will be trying again. 

7 comments:

joy said...

very pretty background technique, Dawn! love this card!

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely! I must check-out that site myself, Jo x

Betty said...

beautiful card, Dawn - love that background - thanks for sharing!

Monika Reeck said...

great Background Stamp Dawn looks so soft and Love the Penny Black Sunflower Image too looks like you painted it..great design my friend..beautiful made..hugs, Monika

PS: thanks for always visiting me back..if you are not there I feel something lost....hope you feel better there..

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn this is amazing - love the background, but the sunflowers are perfect too - I so admire how your art is developing - it is a joy to see what you are now producing.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Oh wow--I've gotta try that background! This is so beautiful, Dawn!

Nan0807 said...

I love Your card.