Sunday 29 March 2015

A weekend of colouring.

We've just had a weekend away at Mangawhai for the Walking Weekend.
Hubby and our friends did two walks over the weekend while I stayed at the house and did some colouring...


Saturday:

Did some watercolouring with different  watercolours

This one was using some aqua crayons.  And you can see my Kohi Noor paints there too.

I also made some Chocolates and made some Ciabatta buns



The day started a bit drizzly  but ended up quite nice so much so that once the others got back we all went for a surf swim.  Water is still very warm and the surf was really good.  Had a ball.  And this is from a woman who usually only swims around 3 times a year.  This summer I've had so many swims - more than ever.

Today the weather was stunning so I spend some time outside reading.  I also did some colouring of butterflies

I was inspired by Betty's butterflies on her post at A2Z Scrapbooking blog today and tried out some Distress inks and Copics.  The top one is the distress inks coloured onto smooth card and the bottom is the Copics.


Here is another one.  The right hand side is also distress inks, but done on watercolour paper and using an aqua brush to spread the colours about.    Amazing that the same colours can end up so different.

Finished the day with another surf swim.  Ended up getting tossed 360degrees in one wave... but fun all the same!  Then a snooze on the drive home,

I did get a couple of cards made - one for a DT sample and one for Easter - but I'll leave that for another day to share.

thanks taking the time to visit today.  Hope your weekend was as productive as mine... now just to make all my colouring into cards! 

8 comments:

Wendy L said...

Food looks yummy and colouring is lovely, sounds nice and relaxing, xxx

joy said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend to me! Your butterflies are pretty and the food is making me hungry. lol

Monika Reeck said...

hmm yummy chocolate may I have one Dawn...
and you are busy coloring yesterday..
lovely butterfly colored image and that flower also adorable love them all...
hugs, Monika

Betty said...

your chocolate and buns look so yummy - and i am so honored you were inspired by my butterfly post - thank you! sound like you had a wonderful weekend! happy easter!

Becca Cruger said...

Yummy and pretty!!! MMMMMmmmmmm I want to eat chocolate now. Can't wait to see what those butterflies will be used for.

Greta said...

What a fun vacation! Your coloring is wonderful, Dawn! Wish I could taste your homemade goodies--looks fabulous!

kiwimeskreations said...

Sounds like a blissful weekend Dawn. Love your colouring, and that chocolate looks wonderful.
Blessings
Maxine

Arlene said...

I'm sure we'll see those wonderful butterflies in the near future.