Thursday 5 March 2015

Technique Tool Box - Dye Inks

I've been taking the Catherine Pooler online class - Technique Toolbox - Dye Inks (available here)- You get heaps of videos and inspiration on how to use dye inks of all sorts... and it's AMAZING...

starts18th 

I am just about finished looking at all the videos and tutorials and have had fun trying out a few of the ideas.

First up is a sponging and masking technique



I used Distress Inks to make my background.  I first made a circle mask for the moon and used a torn paper to mask and sponge the black ink and dark purple ink.  I used the same dark purple ink to 2d generation stamping of the flourishes around the edges.  The fairy was stamped with Versafine ink.  The flourishes and fairy are from a free set (with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine)  The sentiment is from a Tim Holtz set.

Next up is a 2nd generation stamping technique.  This card is a CASE of Maureen's sample... using same stamp and design but different colours and sentiment.


I used rainbow colours of distress ink.  Maureen used two lines on her card but I used a straight line and a dotted line from Winnie & Walter as is the sentiment.

I have tried another technique... but will leave that for another day.

Thanks for peeking in today... please feel free to leave a comment if you wish.

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the blue and purple card Dawn, it is so whimsical - the feather on is so striking with the black sentiment and lines!
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Oh wow--I love both of these, Dawn! Wonderful techniques!

Arlene said...

The fairy card is so whimsical. LOVE it!

I love the row stamping with the line at the bottom of the feathers.

Monika Reeck said...

woooww the first card adorable scene lovely image and sentiment
second card love that colors the feather and nice dots under there
awesome made Dawn..