Saturday 21 March 2015

Three of a Kind....

well it's been a very hectic and tiring week - still not fully recovered from my virus and feeling very tired at night, so nearly a week since I last blogged.   Have done a few cards -mostly for DT work and I have one to share today as it's a new challenge at Creative Craft Cottage.

Our sponsor this fortnight is  The East Wind

 https://www.etsy.com/shop/theeastwind

I chose to work with an image called Aurora Floral Kiss


I printed her out and used Copics as my colouring medium.  My dots are a la Kathy Racoosin. I die cut the panel out with Die-Namics stitched round rectangles The sentiment is from a Kaisercraft set. My three of a kind are the three orange and red flowers.  I made these with punches.  The background flourish is a holly die cut with some watercoloured paper.

As this fits the theme (Spring in her step) for the Challenge at The East Wind Blog  I am entering one. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have an awesome weekend. 

10 comments:

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card and fab design, xxx

DonnaMundinger said...

This is just beautiful, Dawn! Love the bright colors of the flowers in her hair and gorgeous die cuts. They really pop against the dark background. Fabulous work! Thanks so much for joining us at TEW. xxD

Lin said...

WOW, Dawn, this is gorgeous! Look at her beautiful eyes,not to mention all the beautiful flowers! Hope you continue to gain your strength back.

MiamiKel said...

my word, this is stunning! What gorgeous coloring, capturing her look so beautifully. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well, it's amazing how your created this card feeling under the weather! This is truly beautiful!

Brenda said...

Gorgeously done Dawn! Beautiful colouring. Just get lots of rest. Hugs, Brenda xxx

Greta said...

So sorry that virus really got you down, Dawn! Beautiful card--love the flowers made from punches!

Becca Cruger said...

Wow - I never would have thought to pair this with the black cardstock, but I love how the bright colors of the flowers look with it. Really pretty!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning Dawn - love your leaves, and the way you have coloured her hair is great - I am about to colour some hair black and you have given me some more ideas - thanks for the inspiration.
Blessings
Maxine

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you for joining in with Challenge #27 'A Spring In Her Step' over on The East Wind Challenge Blog.

What an absolutely marvelous way of making a gorgeous Colourful card pop, using a dark backing!!!!!
Great colouring and simple embellishments.

I hope you will join us for future blog challenges, we offer two a month, as well as our facebook ones.

<3 & hugs
Lisa xxxx
TEW DT Member

Monika Reeck said...

Dawn this is stunning coloring
that little lady so cute and your coloring her beautifully
I love that flowers too
ADORABLE MADE my friend
hugs
Monika