Sunday 19 April 2015

Cat's Scramble...Use your favourites

This morning (8.00am) the Hero Arts Flickr group had it's 2 weekly Scramble.  This week it was Cat who hosted.  Her challenge was about Favourites... she shared three cards and challenged us to be inspired by her colours, techniques etc and add our own favourites.  One of Cat's cards had a watercolour background - a favourite technique of mine and I added my favourite Hero Arts stamp  to create


I started by wetting my watercolour paper with water and adding some blue and green Kohi Noor paints. I then stamped and embossed the Poppy stamp.  I used a red paint to colour them.  The sentiment was then overstamped and embossed.  I did have a bit of an Opps - the stamp dropped off the block and left a smudge.  

This card reminds me that come 25th April, we will be celebrating ANZAC day and it's been 100 years since Australian and New Zealand troops landed at Gallipoli.  We celebrate by wearing a poppy.  The red poppy has become a symbol of war remembrance the world over. People in many countries wear the poppy to remember those who died in war or who still serve. In many countries, the poppy is worn around Armistice Day (11 November), but in New Zealand it is most commonly seen around Anzac Day, 25 April.

I've been busy over the last few days working on a special project for the National Scrapbooking Day Blog Hop.

Here's a bit of a sneak peek


Be sure to come back 2nd- 3rd May to check out the full reveal.

And I leave you with a photo of the dessert I made for dinner last night.



12 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful,love the image.xxx

Shawna said...

First off those scrumpous rolls look soooo delicious. How about I just hop on a plane I'll be right over in well.... 20-24 hours or so... Oh yeah, let's talk about how wonderful your card is. The soft sky and bold red flowers compliment each other perfectly. I just love your work Dawn..

Cecilia Hsieh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cecilia Hsieh said...

Gorgeous poppies Dawn! The rolls look delicious!

Dotty Jo said...

Poppies have become such a poignant symbol haven't they? Lovely card, and those rolls look amazing, Jo x

Monika Reeck said...

I bought late this poppies but I am not sad hihi I just bought last month can you imagine how slowly I am and your coloring again adorable Dawn the senak peek look sooo beautiful LOVE IT
and the dinner dessert hmm looks so adorable and I dont want to eat it can be a rose for decoration I thought So beautiful made...

Greta said...

That was such a fun Scramble & you made a beautiful card, Dawn! boy does that dessert look yummy!

kiwimeskreations said...

Great card Dawn - those 'Oops' momnets are a nuisance!!
Hope the dessert tasted as good as it looked.
Blessings
Maxine

Cat Craig said...

So glad you were able to join the scramble Dawn. Your water-color background is wonderful against those pretty poppies! That dessert looks pretty wonderful too!

Becca Cruger said...

That dessert looks almost as yummy as your gorgeous card! Love the sparkles you added with the sequins. I can't wait to see your scrapbooking day card - it looks awesome already!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card. Dessert looks good too.
luv
Debby

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Fab post Dawn, dessert looks yummy! Nice to see that made up. Love your fab card, you really do have some boss inky skills that I definitely don't! Love that. So looking forward to our bloghop fun too. Hugs, Wends x