Saturday 20 June 2015

What's the word, bird?

Our flight does not leave till 11.50pm tonight, and I'm all packed,

 https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10492092_10206322699522322_3378203669045323869_n.jpg?oh=6c9f444d6309b0b22da62cd8064a1a93&oe=5632A904

Yes, that's all I'm taking for 3 weeks!  I've been really frugal on what I've packed... and it's been a raining afternoon, so what better thing to do than to do some colouring....

 First up, a scrapling with PP and a card piece sitting on my desk.  The Tim Holtz bird was coloured with Mermaid Lagoon and Abandon Coral distress inks and fussy cut.  The sentiment comes from a Hero Arts set.  I stamped it, and then cut the sentiment up to fit on my mini card.  Inside it says "Happy Birthday, you old bird!"

Next up some Copic colouring, cut out with a Spellbinders oval. Sentiment from Rubbadubbadoo.  PP is from Kaisercraft.  Used a sketch I saw on Pinterest. 

and finally

The bird is coloured with Copics and fussy cut.  The sentiment is from a Dana Wakely set.  Once I stamped it, I used my Scor Pal to emboss lines down the card (hard to see in the photo) to give a bit of texture.  Finished with some green washi to ground my bird and a couple of punched notes.  

Off to change now... hard to dress in warm weather clothes (first stop Singapore) when it's wet and cooler here.

thanks for stopping by. 

6 comments:

Shawna said...

Those birds are just adorable. The sentiment from the last card is very fitting. Also your color is to die for and with the use of the patterned paper... Genius

Carol said...

These are cute Dawn, love the crazy birds. Enjoy your European adventure. Carol x

Monika Reeck said...

cuteee all that bird and lovely coloring too Dawn
all of them cute and lovely card and
Happy Fly to Europe and have a great time in Europe
and really wish to meet you but I know you have many tour..
enjoy it my friend..
big hugs from Germany
Monika

Virginia L. said...

Love your bird cards, Dawn! I will be following your travels over FB. Wish you safe traveling and have a great time exploring!

kiwimeskreations said...

What fun cards Dawn - a great way to fill in time!! Safe travels
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

I need you to come pack for me, Dawn...seriously!! Hope you had a great trip & are already enjoying your holiday! Love your cards--those birds are so neat! I especially love the scrapling!