Friday 7 August 2015

Rainbow texture.

It's my turn at A2Z Scrapbooing again today.  And I have a  card using a stencil, Texture Paste, watercolour Zig Brush markers and a die cut to share.

Rainbow embossed background

I used the Leaf and Flourish stencil with Ranger Texture Paste .  Once it dried I coloured with the Zig Markers and totally spritzed with water to mix.  I left it overnight before trimming it and backing with the black card.  I die cut a tag from black and white embossed the sentiment and heart from the Hello Stamp and Die. I used a Copic marker to colour the heart.  I coloured a scrap of watercolour paper and die cut the Hello.  This card is heading off to my Mum who is not well.  As she lives in another country, this is my HUG to here - the one I wish I could give her right now!

My card was inspired by the Craftsy class I took.  It is a class by Catherine Pooler and I can highly recommend it.  21 different techniques.  One lesson is on Stenciling with Creative Mediums.

As I used some twine to tie on my tag, I'm entering this into the Tie it Up challenge at Simon Says Stamp

Remember if you are in need of any items from the a2z Scrapbooking store  you can use code Dawn15 at checkout to receive 15% off your purchase of $25 or more. (before tax and shipping)  And don’t forget that we are on TwitterInstagram and Facebook.  Follow us on these different social media outlets so you won’t miss out on any fun promotions!   Also, the a2z Store now has the 2015 Hero Arts release in stock. So now there’s even more reason to go shopping!!!!!!

 Dawn

8 comments:

Betty said...

fun card Dawn - i took that class too but as usual i haven't done anything from it yet:-(

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

OMG - this card is a dream!!! Pure gorgousness, Dawn!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Dawn - love the background colours and the way you used the black for the contrast.
Do hope you Mum recovers quickly
Blessings
Maxine

Virginia L. said...

Well done, Dawn! The colored paste is so beautiful with the tag design! Happy to see you are back with creating! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Dawn...love the rainbow colours on the embossed stencil...

Greta said...

Hope your mom feels better soon. I know she's going to feel that hug when she opens this gorgeous card! Love your technique, Dawn!

Barb Ghig said...

So sorry I got behind in my visits ~
Oh, I love how you blended all of these colors and your sentiment and tag are the perfect touch! Another beautiful card!

Monika Reeck said...

Lovee your texture paste
so adorable texture on this card
love the black TAG too
sweet heart there..
and tha sentiment sending hugs is it HA
yeah I have too