Sunday 27 September 2015

One embossing folder... three cards

On Friday I picked up Issue 122 of Papercraft Essentials with a free embossing folder

 

It's quite a versatile folder. I made three cards using it.

First up I embossed the folder horizontally onto some white card

  
I layered it onto some red card ( it does look a bit pink but believe me it is RED)  The Hero Art sentiment was stamped and layered onto red card and the Tim Holtz poinsettia was die cut with red, green and yellow card.   CAS and elegant. 

Next up is a classic black and white card


I added some Onyx Liquid Pearls.  The sentiment came with the folder and I stamped it onto some scrap white card and cut with a Spellbinders oval.  I then layered it onto another Spellbinders die.  I added a white seam binding bow to finish off.  

And my final card involved using a letterpress technique with the folder.


I inked up the folder with some Hero Arts  Shadow ink in Stone Wash and ran my white card through the Cuttlebug.  It looked terrible to start, but as it dried, it started to look so much better.   I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment and cut with a Spellbinders scalloped oval.  I sponged the ink onto the oval before removing the die.   Added some gems.  

I've entered these into the Challenge at Simon Says Stamp

Thanks for visiting.

8 comments:

Shawna said...

Awesome cards Dawn.. Hard to believe one folder can three entirely different cards. Way to stretch what you have. Very pretty

Greta said...

Oh what a deal, Dawn! I just love dry embossing & now I wish I had this folder--love it! All the cards are beautiful, but the last one is really stunning!

Virginia L. said...

You really make GREAT use of this embossing folder! Love each one of them, Dawn! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “No Design Paper” Challenge! Well done on all three!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning folder - I saw some chat on f/b that the magazine is totally sold out in USA as so many people were wanting it.
Love how you have used it, Dawn - your cards are so lovely, especially the blue one.
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

3 stunning uses of this gorgeous die Dawn! I love all your experimentation. They all look wonderful. I'm looking forward to using my one now! Big hugs, Wends x

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn!
love how elegant and pure they look ;)
TFS~

Monika Reeck said...

Oh woooowww
this emboss folder really versatile Dawn
first card love that flower you made so beautiful
second card I love that bow and all in black and white
the last one I always love if you colored your embossing folder Dawn
looks not easy but you did it so well
love this
Dawn, join the National Domestic Violence Awareness it is on my Purple shoe card I put all explanation
hope you join there too
they are until 500$ Prizes
see you there
hugs, Monika

Glennis F said...

Lovely cards - I am so sad that I missed getting this issue with the folder. Do you know of anyone who may want to destash?