Wednesday 2 September 2015

Spring Time is here

September 1st is the beginning of Spring here in my part of the world, so today's share is about Spring Flowers.  Over at Chalk'n'Stock our monthly challenge - Anything Goes - is under way.   Our sponsor is Bugaboo Stamps.  I chose to use a lovely flower image for my Spring theme

I used Zig markers to colour my image.  I used chalk ink to distress the edge of the card.  I used my new die by CAS-ual Friday (part of my kit from StampNation's Stamp of Approval) Finished with some purple gems.

Here is my second spring card for today

This is a stamp from Altenew - Fresh Freesias.  I embossed the stamp and sentiment with Liquid Platinum.  I used the Zig makers to colour.  Added a few sequins to finish.

Here is a photo of the orchid I have on my deck.  It's started flowering


5 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful cards,love the colours and design.xxx

Becca Cruger said...

Well it might be your spring, but it's definitely our fall so this gave me a chuckle! It's crazy to think about the weather in other parts of the world. Your cards definitely have that fresh, airy spring feel to them. I especially like the pink bloom with the teeny bit of bling. Lovely makes!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Dawn - love that bugaboo one, the colours are fabulous, and those zig pens are so intense in their colour
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

2 gorgeous spring cards, Dawn--love your coloring with the Zigs! That orchid is stunning!

Monika Reeck said...

Beautifully made Dawn
I love purple and your card is so sweet
and the second one love the embossing in gold
lovely Orchid photo too dear Dawn