Sunday 24 April 2016

Let it Shine

I've recently taken a class at Altenew Academy.  It's called "Let it Shine" and the tutor was Carrisa Wiley.  I totally enjoyed the class... all about adding shine and glimmer to your cards. 

I manged to combine a couple of the class ideas in one card


I used a glittery embellishment that I made myself... the frame was made with some Scotch glitter washi tape die cut.  I drew around the inside of the die and added the tape around it and then did the die cut.  This left a lovely frame around the panel.  I then stamped the flowers - the big one is from "A Beautiful Day" and the little ones are from "Peony Scrolls" with Versamark onto watercolour card and white embossed.   I used an old Wink Of Stella pen filled with water to paint on Altenew inks.  Fussy cut and added to the frame.  The pink background card was embossed with a wood grain folder.  The whole panel was then added to a pale grey card base.  I love the shimmery glow of the flowers in real life.  My sentiment is from "Label Love" 

I was really pleased with my results with this card. 

Thanks for stopping by today.   Monday is a public holiday - ANZAC Day - celebrating our fallen soldiers from WWW1 in particular, but all other fallen soliders as well.   Hubby will be up for he Dawn Parade at our local Returned Servicemen Association memorial.

8 comments:

Betty said...

such a lovely card, Dawn - that glitter frame really makes the card special

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Dawn, enjoy your long weekend!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh Dawn...this is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love how you combined different techniques from your class, and the 'sparkle factor' is just beautiful! I really love this card!

Monika Reeck said...

wow Dawn
that flower really lovely and soft and love the gold frame too
you are so clever to combined all you have learn
I am so less taking a class :) lazy Monika
gret flower card Dawn
hugs and see you around
Monika

Greta said...

Wow, grandma--a stunningly, beautiful card! I love the glitter frame & of course, all the pink!

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn this is amazing - love the glittery frame and how you made it. The flowers are gorgeous without seeing the shimmer, which must be amazing IRL
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

excellent choice of colours to make the designing soo attractive

Monika Reeck said...

wooow
one word
BEAUTIFUL!!
lovely coloring the flower
love the golden frame and love the sentiment
great card again Dawn