Monday 27 June 2016

Double embossing with Altenew flowers

The All Occasions Embossing folder that came free with a magazine late last year, has made another appearance  down under... It's even got it's own Facebook page!  It still has to come out here in NZ, but all the cards I've been seeing inspired me to pull the folder out and have a play.   I decided to use the folder with my Inside Out Embossing Plate and the folder that goes with it.

I used the IOE plate to leave the centre of the folder un- embossed and then used them again with the IOE folder to just emboss the oval.   I trimmed and added to some white then black mats before adding to the card base.  I used a sentiment from Altenew's Beautiful Day.  The big flower is from the Peony Scrolls and the leaves are from the Beautiful Day.  I used a mixture of Copic markers and some cheap colouring pencils.  I fussy cut them out. Once they were on the card, I added lots of sparkle with a Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen.  Finished by adding some little gems.  Adding this to the current challenge at Simon Says Stamp - Add some shimmer. 

This card is on it's way to my sister in law, over in Australia.  Last week she had a Kidney transplant and this is to wish her all the best after the operation.  She has to spend 4-6 weeks living near the hospital as she has to be checked out twice daily to ensure there is no rejection.  Hoping all goes well for her.

Thanks for stopping by.  If you want to leave me a comment, I would really like it.  


6 comments:

Lin said...

So pretty, love how delicate everything is!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Love this monochrome card Dawn!

Greta said...

Wishing your SIL a smooth recovery. I know she's loving this amazingly gorgeous card, Dawn!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely stunning card, Dawn! I love the elegance of your embossed background with this beautiful Peony and delicate leaves...WOW! Your SIL is sure to appreciate all the love you put into this card...hope all goes well for her!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn this is beautiful - love your embossing and the wonderful flowers.
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

oh again lovely embossing folder you have
and sweet flower there
elegant card Dawn