Sunday 10 July 2016

Purple Peony

Last weekend I did some background using my new Pixie Powders... so today I got around to using one of them


I had stamped Altenew Peony Bouquet over the portion of the background I'd concentrated the purple powder to.   Although it looks simple, layering the different stamps proved to be more difficult than I thought and I didn't quite get it right.  Added some more purple inks to give it a bit more depth.   I decided that all it needed was the die cut sentiment.  It's from Creative Expressions .  One of my purchases last Friday.  I added some washi tape along the top of my panel and then used some fun foam to pop it up.

Hope you have managed to get some crafting done.   It's back to work for me tomorrow as I did not win the BIG Lotto prize this weekend.   I'm going to leave you with a quick photo of Archer.  He's almost 12 weeks now.

7 comments:

Betty said...

beautiful card Dawn - so pretty in pruple - love that stamp set - maybe oneof these day i'll break down and buy it!

Lin said...

Love it, Dawn! Everything looks so pretty together!

Barb Ghig said...

I love the effect of your Pixie Powders on the Peonies, Dawn! Such a gorgeous card!
Really cute photo of Archer, too...he's getting so BIG!!!

Greta said...

Ahh--Archer is such a cutie! Beautiful card, Dawn--love the word die!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn this is beautiful - love the soft purples your pixie Powders gives - it looks to be a finer type of pigment powder and gives a lovely delicate effect.
Blessings
Maxine
I still have not really played with my purchases from last Friday - tried the Misti over the weekend and was happy with it, but that's all.

Monika Reeck said...

cute little Baby kiss kiss for him
and I adore the flower and the way you colored it
adorable card dear Dawn
how are you today...

creationsnz said...

A lovely elegant card and I think you've done a wonderful job on it, CarolG