Wednesday 7 September 2016

Beautiful Day flower

I have managed another quick card with the  Beautiful Day flower from Altenew.  The other day I picked up a set of watercolour paints - in the kids section at Kmart - for $3.  It has lovely pastel colours.  I thought that the colours would look good as a flower and I'm pleased to say they do!


 I die cut the leaves and flower and spritzed with Shimmer Mist.  It's hard to see on my photo but in real life it's very shimmery.   The PP is from a pack I also picked up at Kmart.  The stamped part of the sentiment is from Altenew's Label Love set and the die cut Friend is from CAS-ual Fridays. 



Entering into the Spray Mist and Splatter challenge at Virginia's View.    
Also the Photo Inspiration over at City Crafter Challenge.  The flowers inspired me with this one and the yellow stripes (my golden dots)
and Happy Birthday challenge at Crafting when we can. 

Poor little Archer has got a cold... he is not feeling very well at all.  Coughing and snuffling and very unhappy.  Hope he is better by tomorrow night when they all fly off to spend time in LA and San Diego.  11 hours on the plane with a grumpy baby isn't going to be fun!

Thanks for stopping by.


11 comments:

Betty said...

beautiful card Dawn and the gold dotted paper is perfect background!

Marina said...

I love the look of the modern graphic effects (black dymo, gold spots) against the traditional floral . Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Gorgeous vintage flowers with a modern background!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn this is gorgeous - love the gold spots and the soft colours on the flowers.
Blessings
Maxine

Ros Crawford said...

This is lovely!!Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Maria said...

Beautiful card with the lovely flower and polka dot background!

Stella said...

This is gorgeoua! A gorgeous flower and I love that backgroudn you added. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Virginia L. said...

I love the softness and composition that you did with this design, Dawn! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Spray, Mist & Splatter” Challenge! FABULOUS!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful watercoloring on your bloom, Dawn! It goes to show that you don't have to spend a lot on supplies to get great results! Love your polka dot background, too!

Greta said...

So sorry Archer was sick & hope the flight went OK. Beautiful colors for your card--love it!

Monika Reeck said...

I adore the color combo
wonderfuly made Dawn
that big flower is adorable colored
love this!