Thursday 1 December 2016

Guest spot at StampNation... critter challenge/chalkboard technique

Over at StampNation today the latest challenge is up.  It's an Either or Both challenge.


Option 1: Critter Challenge- Use some sort of bird, animal, creature or critter on your card.
Ideas: Deer, Mouse, Cardinal, Fox, etc.

Option 2: Chalkboard Technique: Use a piece of black cardstock with white or colored ink for a chalkboard technique.


This first card is for the Option 1:  I used a bird


 I pulled out my Birdcage and Bird die from Tim Holtz and die cut it with a some white card.  I used red Distress inks to sponge the bird.  The PP is from Rosie's Studio "Home for the Holidays" I trimmed around the holly with my craft knife and slid the cage and bird underneath.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts and is white embossed.  I stamped and die cut the holly leaves and berries (SOA Candy Cane Lane) and added a bow die from Impression Obsession.

And just because I could... I made another card using Option  - Chalkboard technique.


A real CAS card.  I took a piece of some black cardstock and white embossed the Hero Arts Vintage Poinsettia and matched it with a sentiment from SOA Candy Cane Lane.  I used a Faber Castell white pen to smudge around the flower and the sentiment.   I added some white enamel liquid dots.

Hope you week is doing well.  Tomorrow is my work Christmas lunch...we are heading about 45 minutes away at a pub out in the country.  Should be a fun afternoon.



4 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Two great cards Dawn, enjoy your Christmas lunch.

Greta said...

Hope your work lunch was fun, Dawn! I really love the card with the bird--beautiful!

kiwimeskreations said...

They are both great cards, Dawn. Love your chalkboard one Dawn, it's a stunner.
Hope you enjoyed your work function
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

The bird card is sooo soo sweet Dawn love it much and the last card looks like chalkboard really love the white on black so unique..