Monday 13 February 2017

Be Happy Butterfly

Hi there.   It's my day to share a card over at Die Cut Divas and I am using our Sponsor's product.... and  this month's challenge theme... Using Pink or Red.


 

We are lucky to have Hero Arts as our sponsor this month.  One of our lucky entrants will win a $25 gift voucher to spend in the Hero Arts store... and how exciting is that.   The wonderful Jennifer McGuire recently did a video showing all the latest release.  SEE HERE.

My card using an older Hero Arts stamp and cut set that has this beautiful butterfly stamp and die


I embossed my white background with an all over butterfly design (very hard to see in my photo)
Here's a better look


I stamped and coloured my butterfly with Copics and die cut him out.  I added a lot of wink of stella glitter and used the excess pink on my brush to add to the centre of the embossed butterflies.
My sentiment comes from the Be Happy stamp set - another of my older Hero Art sets.  

I've away from home for the last 4 days - in Mangawhai for the wedding of the daughter of our best friends.. It was stunning.  The day was perfect, the bride looked amazing, the groom very handsome, the venue (our friend's backyard) was perfect and the whole afternoon into the night time was just the best ever.  And then all day Sunday back at the house, eating and drinking with a spot of heading to the beach for a swim or two, and catching up with old friends and new.  Such a fun and exciting time.   I wish Maggie and Kristian all the very best for their future life together. 

6 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

I always love this butterfly from HA
and your Embossing folder is fantastic
sweet CAS card Dawn
will catch up soon

Betty said...

lovley card Dawn - the embossing certainly makes the card special!

creationsnz said...

Lovely - and looks simple but is not. CarolG

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Dawn - love the stunning butterfly and how you have made it centre of attention.
Your weekend sounds wonderful Dawn! Have a great day!!
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Great card Dawn, that Hero Arts butterfly is always a favorite.

Greta said...

Sounds like an incredible wedding--truly a great time which is how it should be! Love the embossed background--gorgeous card, Dawn!