Sunday 26 March 2017

My own personal craft retreat

WARNING: PHOTO HEAVY POST

This weekend was the Mangawhai Walking Weekend and my hubby and our friends went on a four hour tramp.  my knees can't handle the hills so I set myself up on three dinning table for my own private craft Retreat!

I started crafting at 8.45am and was still going good at 2.00pm when they arrived back.  got a total of 8 cards done.  One for an upcoming DT post and 7 just for fun Cards!

So here the are!
First up is wanted to try out the technique theater Jennifer McGuire did with veramark and Perfect Pearls.  I used a very dark blue base.   I used an Altenew stamps and then heat embossed the sentiment in white.  looking  good then I flipped to mark where I wanted to trim, did so and then when I flipped it back, I'd chopped off the last letter of the sentiment!  Urrrgh. Here's how I saved it

Next I tried the same technique but with Gold Perfect Pearls


 My next two cards in involved masking and sponging.  I die cut a circle with a Simon Says Stamp die and used both the positive and negative parts.   The positive circle was temporarily glued to the card and then start pedal with the goose half on and half off.  the entire masked the goose and did the sponging.


Entering this one into the Circle challenge at Crafting When We Can
For this one I sponged through the negative space as a mask


The goose is from a Stampin' Up and the Lighthouse is an Altenew set with a Rosie's Studio sentiment.

After a quick sandwich I got onto some pencil colouring using Altenew stamps and Faber-Castell pencils and Gamsol.


Next was to use a panel I'd made last week to make a card.


And finally a card I made a card for the Lawn fawn challenge

I made this one to entry into the new Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog... I don't have many Lawn Fawn stamps but this one has been in my stash for sometime and never been used!   Some more masking of the little clouds and the balloon.

Thanks for staying long enough to reach this point I appreciate it.

Hope your weekend was a good as mine.

8 comments:

Betty said...

what a wonderful day you had, Dawn - so many lovely cards and sll so different - i just might have to try that Perfect Pearls technique - yours are so pretty!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

So nice to have time to craft! I'm going to give the Perfect Pearls technique a go...

Greta said...

Oh wow--what a great retreat you gave yourself, Dawn! I'm lucky to finish 2 cards in a day even when no one is here! I've got the pp technique on my list of things to try, but haven't done it yet. Love how both of your cards turned out--may have to give the gold a try, too. The 2 circle cards are just beautiful--love the images & colors & design!

Patti Krauss said...

Wow, Dawn - you've been busy. I love both of your circle cards - the goose and the lighthouse - both are so pretty. (And so are all your other cards!) Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges! - Patti (CWWC DT)

Nancy K said...

Wow, wonderful cards, Dawn! Sounds like you had a perfect day of crafting! Your Blue Skies card is beautiful and perfect for Lawn Fawnatics first challenge! So glad you joined us!

creationsnz said...

What a fabulous session you had Dawn - such a wonderful display of work.
CarolG

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a fabulous day - and a productive one too - love your cards Dawn. I am frantically trying to mke cards and "get ahead" with my cards for myself and my customers, and I am not sure when time will be at a premium as DH becomes less well :-(
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

they are all adorable card with different idea on it Dawn
the one with goose is stunning CAS design Dawn
and I see my bday card here yaayyyy
its number 6 and its more adorable in reality
thanks dear Dawn and
all are adorable cards...