Saturday 29 April 2017

Stenciling homework.

I'm doing the Altenew Academy class on stenciling and got some homework done.   The first class was about using dies to make your own stencils.  I don't have any Altenew dies suitable so used a Cheery Lynn background die.  

I sponged through the stenciling onto white card and make one card and then used the sponged die cut too make a second card
 I used blue Altenew inks to do my sponging.  for the stencilled card I added a strip of white card on which I stamped with Altenew alpha stamps.  I added a little bud from Beautiful Day set.   


 and I CASE'D Lauren's design for my second card by using a happy die with the birthday sentiment embossed in white on black card.    I stamped some Painted Flowers with the same blue inks.  I fussy cut and added to the card


I've also started on Day 2 homework-  to colour some paste to stencil with.  just need to make some embellishments to go with my coloured background.    But I'm watching some episodes of Outlander this afternoon as its a wet day here in Auckland. 

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

laurelbeard said...

Dawn! Fantastic! I love that die 2! I'm so glad you are taking the class with me!!

Betty said...

two great cards Dawn - and a twofer is the best!!

Stacy said...

Your cards are beautiful! Loved this homework assignment!

Greta said...

Great job with your homework, Dawn--love both cards!

Monika Reeck said...

Great Idea to make this twofer cards Dawn
Clever you sweet sentiment too on both
love them