Tuesday 23 May 2017

Colouring book pages...

I spend the weekend up at Mangawhai and managed to sit outside Saturday morning and do some colouring in.... A new book I picked up for $2 at my local newsagent.  It was a 4"x4" book that had been with a magazine.  Once the magazine was passed it's use by date, they sell of the little gifts and it was such a bargain.

Here's the first finished page


And I did a second one that I turned into a card


I used watercolour pencils from Faber Castell,  Koh-i-nor and Derwent and blended with a Memento blender pen on both pages.

To finish my feathers card I used a Winnie & Walter die cut to cut two hello's - one in pale blue and one in dark blue, layering them together slightly off set.  The friend sentiment is from a Catherine Pooler set and I stamped in black and clear embossed.  

Colouring in is so relaxing.   I really enjoyed sitting out in the sun on Saturday until the rain came! 

Thanks for stopping by. 

6 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

oh wow they look fab & what a great idea to turn into cards

kiwimeskreations said...

What a pair of beautiful images Dawn, and you have really made them come to life with the way you have coloured them. The feather card is beautiful
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous colouring Dawn.

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely feathers and you colored so adorable
love the Hello in the middle looks like your card base
Great card my friend

Monika Reeck said...

Yaay the bird also great colored Dawn wooooww!!
LOVE!!

Greta said...

Your coloring is beautiful, Dawn!