Thursday 17 August 2017

OCC Rainbow Maker class - more homework





I was not feeling well today - had a Gall Stone episode over night and was still feeling nauseous this morning so had a day off.  Spend the morning reading and then after lunch I decided to do some more  home work for the class.

This ink blending card was inspired by one done by Kristina Warner from Day 1

I used a variety of Altenew inks to blend through a mask made with a Spellbinders Heart die cut.   I used the same colours to stamp the splatter with a Your Next Stamp splatter stamp.  I used 2nd generation stamping to get the softer colours.   The sentiment is from Kaisercraft.
This has been entered into the Add a Sentiment challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog.

Feeling better this evening so it will be off to work again in the morning.   We've off to the beach tomorrow for the weekend.  I'm not taking any stamping stuff but might take some pencils and a colouring in book or two. 

4 comments:

Greta said...

Love that splatter stamp--very pretty card, Dawn! Sure hope you don't have any more trouble with the gallstone--yuk! Enjoy your time away!

creationsnz said...

Altogether lovely! inky and smooth and delicious. CarolG

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous Dawn!! I saw that Rainbow class and was really tempted to take it! How are you finding it? I've not done anything like that before, so I'm curious to know if you feel it's worth it. Hard to imagine it's not with those ladies running it. I might have to find time to join in this week. Hope your gall bladder settles down. I take Slippery Elm Bark when mine is bad and it works a treat. Hope you're having a good weekend now hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful ink blending on your heart and I love how you added the splatters! Such a lovely sentiment, too...looks like you enjoyed the class!
So sorry to hear that your Gall Bladder is acting up on you...I know it can be very painful. Take care of yourself...Sending hugs, Barb