Friday 22 September 2017

Watercoloured background - Thinking of You

I'm following the StampNation Masterclass - Aqua markers by Spectrum Noir and the challenge is "Just Add Water"

I did a background that was inspired by a card from Theresa Momber on Gina K's StampTV.  Theresa blended inks together to make her background.  I CASE'd it using Spectrum Noir Aqua markers to watercolour.



I made my lake with blues and greens and a bit of a lighter fawn just above the lake.  I used some Catherine Pooler brown ink for the ground.   I stamped the Goose from Stampin' Up! Wetlands stamp set.  Ive added some colour to him with the markers.  The reeds and sentiment are from the same set.  I added some little birds from the Birds of a Feather set by Catherine Pooler Designs to finish it off.

The markers really made it easy to watercolour.  I just scribbled some colour onto my acrylic block, added some water and it was ready to paint onto my wet watercolour card. 

thanks for stopping by.  

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A great 'scene' on this card Dawn, and beautifully executed background!
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Your watercolouring is perfect Dawn.

Greta said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Dawn!

Monika Reeck said...

your background looks so soft and so real Dawn ooh I love this card
it was long time ago we sent card each other right
I will send you soon Dawn
this Goose looks beautiful with that BG
love love love
hugs
Monika
PS: try to catch up

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous background, Dawn! I love the simplicity of the elements on this card, too...so lovely! Great job on Theresa's technique, too (love her work)!