Sunday 16 September 2018

Taking Time for ME....

Today I got to spend some time on my own as hubby went to watch his nephew play rugby... so I got into the craft room and had fun.... I had some cards I had to make....

First up, a new baby boy card for my niece

 I had a kit that I got many years ago but had never used.  It had this pretty paper that was my starting point.   I had the die cut circle on my desk.  The congrats sticker and ribbon came in the kit.  The little rocking horse is from a Penny Black set - again one of had for many years. 

Next up is a card for my Level 2 Altenew Educator Certification Program.  I got waylaid for a while and now am trying to catch up. .  Today I rewatched the Beyond Basics Backgrounds - taught by Lydia Evans.   An awesome class with lots of awesome ideas for up-ing your backgrounds.   I learnt so much from the class.  Lydia has such a fabulous way of teaching.  My card today is a CASE of Lydia's class using DIY stencil to create a background by die cutting and then sponge through the stencil before adding white embossed stamping,  My card is sponged in orange Altenew inks.  I used the matting panel to cut a stripe to emboss the sentiment

I used the Peony Bouquet stamp and die set. 
I am entering this card into the Anything Goes Challenge at The Flower Challenge.  

I also have been meaning for some time to get my Alcohol inks out.  I've been seeing some amazing backgrounds made with the inks and Yupo paper.    My inks are really old... nearly 8 years but I did get them to work.  I also added some spots of cooper foil to some of the spots




I also made a green coloured one as well.  I made up a Christmas card using a Poinsettia stamp.

The sentiment was heat embossed with a Kaisercraft sentiment.    I am entering this one into the August Essentials Challenge - using Alcohol inks

So all in all a good afternoon.  Thanks for sticking with me to the end. 

10 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful cards Dawn - love the AI card - and the baby card is so sweet - isn't it great when we have this creative time to ourselves!

Greta said...

Adorable baby card, Dawn & I just love the Peony card--really neat look! Your AIs look wonderful--great card! I had a poinsettia in mind when I bought my red & coral recently, but haven't used them for one yet.

Aileen said...

Fantastic card love way you have used the stamps from Altenew and the embossing on the silver background, simply stunning. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

Karren said...

Three gorgeous cards, Dawn! Your Altenew card is so striking and your baby card is adorable. Love your alcohol ink card - I've had most of my inks forever - they seem to last and last!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun day you had Dawn - and some fabulous results too. Love that class card with the white embossing, and I think I recognise the poinsettia stamp on the A.I. background card - a NZ one by any chance?
Blessings
Maxine

Virginia L. said...

Truly fabulous, Dawn!! Your inky fingers look awesome...so is your gorgeous card! Love the placement of flowers and inky goodness! I also thought the one with poinsettia is bright and beautiful! Happy to see that you are back with AECP projects. Can't wait to see more! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done! (ps: please re-link the post to AECP Gallery as it is not working at the moment. Thanks!)

creationsnz said...

You have been getting inky with your usual great results. CarolG

Monika Reeck said...

The first card cute cute cute
any boys will love this
the second one woooww Love the adorable flowers and the embossing in white looks so outstanding on your BG paper.
and the Christmas card I love that color
great post my friend
hugs
Monika

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Dawn, thank you for sharing this stunning card with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, the white embossing makes the color of this lovely flowers really stand out.
Hope you play again with us soon.
Hugs.

Erum Tasneem said...

Your project for Beyond Basic Backgrounds looks lovely. I like the colours used and the ombre look!
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.