Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tiffany Doodles and SSC.... and a nice surprise...

This month our fabulous sponsor over at SSC is Tiffany Doodles.  Tiffany has some wonderful images....  And the first week's challenge is all about... GLITTER.....  Clare has done a little video to give you some ideas.  ( see it here or on the blog post)

So I got to use one of Tiffany's really pretty flower images.
SSC August ~ Glitter

I used some watercolour paper that I had painted last week, and printed the Dahlia Oval onto it.  I coloured with Distress inks.  I used two way glue on the rim of the oval and the flower centres and added some glitter.  The background paper was overstamped with a crackle stamp in gold for some subtle texture.   I added a bit of lace top and bottom and double stamped the sentiment....

And now for my little surprise.... I was thrilled to find out today that I made the Top 3 at CASE study blog for my rose card.... It was the first time I had entered their challenges.  Thank you guys for picking me....

Plus tonight I had the privilege of actually talking on Skype with Isha.  We have been chatting via Gmail but tonight, used Skype.  I tell you, it is rather exciting to actually talk to each other.  Me in little old NZ and Isha in Switzerland.  Doesn't the internet make the world so small.  Isha's sister is living in NZ ~ down south in Christchurch so she knows a little about my country. 

I'm looking forward to the weekend... nearly here.  It's stamping at Lei's place on Saturday.  Should be a great day.. lots of talking, stamping, eating!!!!!!!!!!!


Dawn

13 comments:

Deirdre said...

Love what you created Dawn - beautiful. Love the aged, vintage look to it.

Lin said...

Congratulations on the CASE Study win, Dawn - well deserved! So nice to hear that you and Isha are getting acquainted!

Anne said...

Your card is very pretty! I love the crackle background stamp:) The glitter that you used is so pretty and subtle!

Barb said...

How fun to not only talk to Isha but see her too! Love this gorgeous card today! Beautifully done and big congrats on making Top 3 at CASE study! So happy for you! That rose card was just lovely, Dawn!

AnitaRex said...

So happy for you and your top 3 mention at Case study! :> Love your card today the glitter looks sooo pretty! And what a fun Saturday you have planned! :>

Suzanne C said...

Congrats on your top 3 pick! Beautiful card! How wonderful that you and Isha had a skype conversation!

Tiffany said...

This is so stunning Dawn! Love the gentle whispers of the glitter and that flower is very soft and pretty! Congrats on making the top 3!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous beautiful card Dawn.
luv
Debby

Nancy said...

Kudos to you on the CASE Study Top 3! How fun to get such a wonderful surprise. Your Tiffany Doodles card is quite gorgeous, love the glitter and the lovely color you gave it.
So glad for your Skype chat with Isha...the interweb sure has shrunk the world a bit, hasn't it?
Have a fun weekend of stamping, my friend!

Jacqueline said...

Congrats with the case studie pick Dawn - I loved that special Rose card you crafted!

Maureen Morton said...

So glad that I found your sweet blog - I am now a follower! congrats on your win! WOW! Thanks for featuring my blog candy, for your kind words and for your great inspiration.

Virginia L. said...

Congrats on making the top 3 in CASE Study! How awesome to get to talk over Skype with Isha! I'm so excited to hear this :) Love your take on the TD image! I love the colors and elements!

Isha said...

Love the distressed look of this card Dawn. Lovely colors and that shine is really pretty:) I had fun talking to you.