Saturday, October 1, 2011

World Card Making Day.... 1 October

Happy World Card Making Day and welcome to my blog.



Today we celebrate World Card Making Day and there is a blog tour list here that you can visit to see who is taking part in this big celebration.  Here in New Zealand the day is heading towards evening (5.45pm as I write)  and my day of card making is almost done....
Not a lot got done other than trying out a technique or two ~ pieces still to be processed into cards.... but I did make a card to say "thanks" to my friend, Yvonne, for all her support over the past month.... I haven't played at CASE Study for some time, but this week' card inspired me.


Here's my take on it....

For a great friend.

I stamped the lighter blue background with a Hero Arts background stamp in Broken China distress ink for a tone on tone look.  I used a CB Embossing folder to emboss the kraft card and matted them onto the darker blue card.  The ribbon I used was a bit darker than I would have liked, but needs must.... it was all I had.  I stamped the sentiment ( Hero Arts) and cut with a Spellbinders circle.  I distressed the edges with some blue ink and added the gems along the bottom.  I liked the rounded corners on Julie's inspirational card, so did that on mine too... 

Thanks so much for stopping by and celebrating WCMD 2011 with me. 

Cheers
Dawn


12 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful, Dawn! Love the way you used these pretty colors! Happy WCMD to you! Hugs! :)

Vicky said...

Lovely card for Yvonne :) Hope you have had a lovely WCMD! xx

Deirdre said...

~Dawn - beautiful take. Happy WCMD 2011 to you. Where did the year go? Hugs to you. Dee

Virginia L. said...

Stunning cards, Dawn! I love how sophisticated both cards look! Happy WCMD!HUGS!

Monika Reeck said...

really adorable in Blue Dawn....really great using the Case card Dawn...love all the blue on your card...

Happy WCMD dear and see you maybe on my blog..hope you have a great day...hugs, Monika

Lisa said...

I can see why you liked the card Dawn! And your take is right on the money! Lovely blues and textures!

Tiffany said...

WOW! What a perfect match of the inspiration card, so beautiful, those blue colors!

Christine Traversa said...

so cute!

Brenda said...

Perfect take Dawn! I love the shades of blue you chose! I love it!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Gorgeous interpretation Dawn!

cbuswell said...

Beautiful, love the embossing! thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful case of the card! Love that you turned it sideways!