Friday 5 November 2010

All well... and a card folder tutorial

All is well... my little op went well and I am feeling fit and in no pain... thanks for all the thoughtful comments and wishes.

Now onto a little tutorial.   I made this folder for a set of cards... and thought I'd share how I did it.  Note I can not claim this as my own idea... one of my friends had made it - this is just to show how it is done..

Gift set....




Gift set inside....

Card Folder

Material:
Scor-pal or other scoring tool

one piece  of card stock 28 cm x 23 cm

narrow double side tape

crop-o-dile or similar hole punch
ribbon -  60cm in length
scissors


Step by Step
Step 1

score card at 14 cm







step 2

Turn 90 degrees and score at 6 cm







Step 3

Trim an inverted V in the small part

add narrow tape to both sides



fold up and stick tape down to form flaps

Fold in half on centre crease




Find centre and punch small holes at each side - size will depend on width of ribbon you use






thread ribbon through so it is over the inside portions ( acts as support for the cards/envelopes

 Decorate front as desired

also inside can be decorated ( as shown above)



For those of you who do not work in metrics..... cut card to 11 inches by 9 inches.  Centre crease at 5 1/2 inches and flap crease at 2 3/8 inches.

Hope you can follow this okay... if not email me and I'll see if I can help.

Off to do some more card making.... I like being on recuperation when I feel so good!!!
take care and have a great weekend.

9 comments:

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn, I am so glad that your op went well :D. I was thinking of you. Love the tutorial, I am going to definately try this xoxoxoxoxo

donna mikasa said...

Hi Dawn! Glad you are doing so well and you're pain free! And doing tutorials too! Thanks for sharing this, and for the inch conversions too! Take good care!

Barb said...

Dawn, I'm so glad everything went so well and you're feeling good! Don't over-do it though! Wonderful gift idea and great tutorial!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Thanks for tutorial Dawn. Great to catch up with you today. I have stamped some Holly leaves.
Smiles:)

Sanne said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling well :)

Great tutorial Dawn!

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Dawn, so pleased to hear it all went OK, love your tutorial, great little card holder!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful card and tut! I love the way the ribbon is strung through the folder! I'm glad all is well and that you seem to be recovering very fast, take care!!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Very cool, Dawn. Hope you are feeling well. Hugs.

Suzanne C said...

Glad you are doing well and what a great tutorial on how to make the card folder holder. :)