Sunday 30 January 2011

Lazy Sunday

Being on my own this weekend, I decided to have a Lazy Sunday.... I woke around 8.00am and popped the dressing gown on to walk up to the top of the drive to collect the Sunday Newspaper and brought it back to bed to read.... and then once I'd read that, picked up my book and read some of that.... It is one my daughter recycled to me.... "Falling Home" by Karen White.  I am really enjoying it.

Not too intense, but good for a laugh, a cry at parts and simply a good read.   I have been reading quite a few of the Jack Reacher books by Lee Child... compliments of my son..... a child who NEVER read but who as a young adult has read all of them.  I have just finished a book by Harlan Coben called "Caught"
 
Quite thought provoking about just how well we think we know someone.... 

Anyway, I finally surfaced near lunch time....and then took the book outside to read under the umbrella as the weather has improved.  Finally mid afternoon, I thought I'd better do a bit of tidying up in the craft space.... so started, but of course, had the computer on and Joy's tweet came up about her blog post and the lastest Jay Gee's Nook challenge.  The inspiration for this challenge is this
Of course I just had to make a card!!!!!!!  Actually it come together quickly as I had card on the desk waiting to be put away, and a piece of watercoloured paper I had made yesterday and which I did not like, till I stamped a Hero Arts Collage stamp over it....I had already matted it onto another scrappy piece with some stamping on it and it was just waiting for some inspiration to turn it into a card.  So within 15 mins I had this done

Wishing you Laughter

My rose was just a bit too dark for the inspiration, but I think it goes with the rest. 

So now I'm just catching up with blogs etc and think I'll have a go at making some more watercolour paper before heading off to bed to read some more.... and yes I did tidy up a bit more.... maybe finish that off tomorrow....

Thanks for stopping by...

8 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Dawn, good for you having a lovely relaxing day. I love days like that, your card is beautiful I really must have a go at watercolour backgrounds. I see you are on Twitter, I can't seem to get to grips with it and I feel I am missing something. I must have another go at it!!!
Hugs
Sally

Lin said...

It's always good to have a day to yourself, doing what YOU want to do! Love your card, that stamp is one of the first I bought when I discovered HA!

Betty said...

hi dawn - having a lazy sunday too - actually yesterday i did about the same too. have u read any of kate morton's books ("forgotten garden" is my fav) - she's australian but books are set in england - her new one is "the distant hours". have read all of harlan coban's books - another fav writer is jeffrey deaver. love your card - have u seen all the neat new stuff hero arts has out - printed papers to match their stamps and basic grey pads too. the $$ just fly out of the bank account!!

Barb said...

That is my kind of day! Love your pretty card, Dawn! The water color background looks beautiful!

stampingandstitching said...

Sounds like such a lovely, relaxing day, Dawn. Your card is gorgeous! I love the soft and pretty watercolour bg combined with the collage stamp. The little rose with the twine is so sweet!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card! Sounds like a wonderful relaxing day.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really beautiful effect on that background, soft and touching, love the string of butterflies!

dani.beckman said...

Love Karen White books.... I am reading The
Lost Hours now....