Sunday 2 September 2018

Watercolour - Basics and Beyond

Recently I took a watercolour class from Altenew taught by Jennifer Rzasa.   It was great as I had just got my Altenew watercolour pan set.   Jen really made watercolouring fun and the Altenew paints are stunning to use. 

One of the techniques we learnt was to use the watercolour as ink on your stamps.... I tried this with two different Altenew stamps  This first one is using Peony Bouquet.  I used only one layer of both the flower and leaves 


My  second card used Beautiful Day stamp set.  I used different watercolour paints to stamp the flower and leaves and added some freehand elements 
 

For my third card I used the technique we learnt to use Embossing with our paints.  I used the Altenew monthly inspiration colours with the Sweet Peas stamp.  Used a bit of watercolour wash around the flowers and of course splatters (a la Erum)


Still a few days homework to do... Did my stencils with a watercolour wash... a bit of a failure there!  But will look at what I can do with the background after seeing my friend Betty rescue her not quite successful attempt.

Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Betty said...

three fantastic cards Dawn - think your one layer of the watercolour turned out just lovely - especially the purple one - and the template in the yellow and blue is so pretty! will look forward to seeing how you rescue your stencil card - there's always a way :-)

Monika Reeck said...

the first flower oh wooow I love the look Dawn
the second one too
looks like you painted it self..
am I right?
the last card love the emboss in gold
great post Dawn

I am sorry Dawn...I was in Indonesia from 22 July till 26 Augst
and just have time to open my computer again
and I miss to visit your lovely post
for today I visit some friends
and if I have enough time more I will do catch up
biig hugs and see you on my Blog again sweety
Monika

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful results Dawn - love the Peonies and the sweet peas in particular
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Wow--you totally nailed the class, Dawn! These are just gorgeous! Makes me want those watercolors!

creationsnz said...

Three beautiful cards Dawn. Your colouring is superb. You are on a roll! CarolG

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, Dawn...you did an amazing job on your watercoloring! Your choice of flowers on each card was perfect with your lovely color palettes! A++ for you!

Karren said...

These are all beautiful, Dawn!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow that's a really pretty technique Dawn, love watercolours may have to try this !!

Lucille K said...

3 beautiful flower cards, Dawn :)