Saturday, April 25, 2009
After doing all the housework this morning I managed to get another 2 sets of 4 swap pins done. Both of these are based around the stamps I used. The purple one is a stamp by Rubadubadoo - a NZ stamp maker. I stamped the image onto patterned paper and coloured in the hydrangea and leaves with Tombow pens. I inked the edge with Lavender ink from HA Colourbox Queue Christmas - which I also inked on the white cardstock. I then distressed both with my fingernail. I'm starting to get into this distessing stuff this week with the HA Challenge
The 2nd swap pin is also based on a stamp. It is by Hero Arts - K4911 Good Thoughts. It is the perfect size for these swap pins. I stamped it in Archival Ink - Sepia. I then coloured the surrounding flowers and leaves with watercolour pencils and Gamsol. I stamped the butterfly onto patterned paper and cut out and layer on top of the original image. Added a few dots of Kindyglitz and used a Sharpie Paint pen in Gold to run around the edge and hey presto - all done. I've now made 24 swap tags - so think that might be about enough.
Now I only have to make an engagement card for my daughter - before they come round for dinner tomorrow. That and 3 weeks worth of ironing should keep me busy tomorrow.....
Thanks for visiting.