Saturday 25 April 2009

ANZAC Day

Today is a special day for New Zealanders and Australians as we celebrate ANZAC Day. It is when we remember those who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations and not just those who were involved in the landing at Gallipoli in 1915. My hubby rose at 5.30am to go to the Dawn Parade in our local area in remembrance of his father who served in WWII in Egypt. I watched a number of different services on the TV throughout the day.

After doing all the housework this morning I managed to get another 2 sets of 4 swap pins done. Both of these are based around the stamps I used. The purple one is a stamp by Rubadubadoo - a NZ stamp maker. I stamped the image onto patterned paper and coloured in the hydrangea and leaves with Tombow pens. I inked the edge with Lavender ink from HA Colourbox Queue Christmas - which I also inked on the white cardstock. I then distressed both with my fingernail. I'm starting to get into this distessing stuff this week with the HA Challenge
The 2nd swap pin is also based on a stamp. It is by Hero Arts - K4911 Good Thoughts. It is the perfect size for these swap pins. I stamped it in Archival Ink - Sepia. I then coloured the surrounding flowers and leaves with watercolour pencils and Gamsol. I stamped the butterfly onto patterned paper and cut out and layer on top of the original image. Added a few dots of Kindyglitz and used a Sharpie Paint pen in Gold to run around the edge and hey presto - all done. I've now made 24 swap tags - so think that might be about enough.

Now I only have to make an engagement card for my daughter - before they come round for dinner tomorrow. That and 3 weeks worth of ironing should keep me busy tomorrow.....

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! The purple card with the hydrangeas on it is positively gorgeous! And I love the butterfly! :-)