Friday 19 June 2009

Being sick sucks....

I hate when I get sick... 'specially when I get the coughing bug.... but the upside is that I feel well enough to surf the net, make cards etc. I've got a doctors cert stating I don't have to go back to work till Wednesday next week... but will see how I feel earlier in the week.

Anyway I did get some cards made yesterday and today. I saw a "1" card on HA Flickr group and decided to give it a go for Nathan's 1st birthday in August. Thanks to Anne who posted the template on her site.

This photo is of Snoopy who decided this morning to keep me company. He came into my craft room and jumped up on to the other table and laid himself down on my mending pile.... he is not used to having someone at home during the day so is making the most of being inside.

This next card is one I made for my friend Jean whose birthday is tomorrow. As I said one of the advantages of being sick ( but not too sick) I can surf the net. I came across this tutorial on Faux Postage stamps.
Thought I'd give it a try and am rather pleased with the results. Although I wish I had a paler red or a pinker piece of felt for the flower. I used 3 different types of ink - the lime green is VersaMagic chalk ink in Key Lime, the blue is Pearlescent Sky Blue Brilliance pigment ink and the reddish one is Worn Lipstick Distress ink (dye ink) - all sponged onto white computer paper that I had printed with the template. The butterfly is a HA one from the Artistic Butterfly set.
I made the felt flowers with my CB. and used a Kaisercraft brad in the centre. The blue background card is embossed with the Texture folder in the CB and it is all mounted onto a cream card.

Well I better get some house work done.... not too sick to do that unfortunately... and I want to go tomorrow to the big craft fair being held here in Auckland. It is huge... comes to Auckland twice a year. Really worth visiting.

Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend.

7 comments:

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn, glad to know you are not too sick. I hope you can get to the expo we just had one here in queensland & it was great. I got a heap of Hero Arts stamps really cheap. My advice if you go. Look around first before you buy. Then try to remember where all the great savings are lol. Take care of yourself have a great time & I love your cards.

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Snoopy is soooooo cute! I really like how your #1 card turned out! And the faux stamps are really cool! :-)

Anne said...

Oh! And I hope you feel better soon! :-)

Suzanne C said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well. Love the cat in the middle of your supplies. The cards are wonderful and don't seem to be impacted by your sickness. Feel better.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Hi Dawn, Congratulations, you are one of the 3 winners of the HA Blog Prizes! Yay! Please email me at she_loves_ps@yahoo.com with your complete name and mailing address! Thanks so much for playing! Love, Tif

Monika Reeck said...

Woow Dawn....are you still not feeling well...I hope you getting better soon...and that is a cute cute hedgie...thanks for the links to make FAUX STAMPS...I will try it one day...and your stamp card is sooo pretty..LOVE it Dawn...

Tiffany Ervin said...

Are you feeling better - just wanted to check in on ya and hope the yuckiness has subsided!! You poor thing...hugs! Tif