Tuesday 23 June 2009

Birthday goodies

I am still off sick- back to work tomorrow but this morning I decided to go spend my birthday money ( thank you Mum and Dad) I visited Stampzone and got some goodies. I finally got the raindrops background stamp by Hero Arts and another butterfly set - just a little one with some butterflies and dragonflies on. It was super cheap - but quite soft polymer so will have to treat it with care. Plus some flowers by Kaisercraft in fawn so I can colour if I want.

I also decided to do a black and white card for Hero Arts challenge this week. I made this card using my Spellbinders film strip die which I cut and embossed in black. I used the cut out piece to make the mask to stamp the flowers. This is Doodle flowers by Inkadinkadoo. Layered it onto black and white card stock. Sentiment by Hero Arts CL129 Anytime messages. I checking the Flickr group before posting the card and notice one of the others had posted a card with a film strip on it as well...... great minds think alike. Hers had animals on it.....see here. I ended up adding the black & white flower after a bit as I just felt it wasn't quite finished.

Well thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hi Dawn! Happy Birthday! I love the goodies you bought with your birthday money! I especially like the butterfly collage stamp. It is soooo beautiful! :-)

Monika Reeck said...

Dawn Happy belated bday and love that you have got new stamp also from HA and another butterfly stamp...hmm yummy Bday Gift and very pretty card in Black And White..