Thursday 11 June 2009

Where's the energy levels gone?

This week I have found I don't have much energy for making cards. I did one commission ( but didn't get it photographed before giving it to the recipient) but struggled with that as well. I see lots I want to do but just can't be bothered.

Got some new stamps today. I went to a Stampin' Up demo a couple of weeks ago and ordered a set and they arrived today. Haven't done anything yet as after dinner this evening I had to go to the Mall to get new ink for my computer. It completely ran out of black and I need to do an insert for a card for my friend.

One bright spot this week was a lovely card and some stamped Teddies from Anne. Many thanks my dear, they are lovely and I will get around to doing something with them soon.

We are gearing up for a weekend away. We are heading off to visit hubby's Mum. She is fading fast and this maybe the last time we get to see her. Her birthday is Monday so we will stay to celebrate with her. Peter and I will travel 4 hours to Taupo on Saturday and have booked into a nice hotel there. We'll have a nice dinner and then head down to Levin ( another 4 hours south) on Sunday ( which just happens to be my birthday) and come back on Tuesday. So no stamping or card making for 4 whole days and probably no internet either....

So enough of my gloomy thoughts.... maybe after the break I'll feel more motivated to create and use my new stamps etc.
thanks for stopping by

2 comments:

Pajalu said...

Hey Dawn, I hope you feel better soon. I also hope that everything goes well while you are away (as well as can be expected). I also want to wish you a Happy Birthday as well. Take care & your Mojo will come back again soon I'm sure. Hugs xoxoxoxo

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Thanks for the kinds words. I am so glad I could brighten your week! Hope your crafty mojo returns soon! :-)