Jennifer McGuire and 2peasinabucket for doing the "Thinking Inking" classes. I have started to use my distress inks more and now have purchased a few alcohol inks and I LOVE them.
This card uses a couple of the techniques from Jennifer McGuire's classes. The background scallop is from this weeks Part 1 - using alcohol inks and the embossing of the Silhouette Corner stamp is from an earlier week. I used a mixture of blues and green with some pearl fixative to make this one.
I used my new Buff Pearl Green embossing powder on a dark brown circle. The butterfly is from Spellbinders and is also alcohol inked. I used the blending solution to make the background a tad lighter. The card is cut just a little smaller than a normal sized card - not quite square but near enough.
I've also got 3 other backgrounds done - red and butterscotch with a touch of copper, blue's with a touch of green and green and butterscotch with lots of pearl fixative making it really shiny. Just need to get them made up into a card.
Thanks for looking. I'm off to try inking up shrinky dink to make some embellishments. If they turn out I'll post ....