Friday 17 July 2009

I LOVE alcohol.....

Inks that is..... A big thank-you to Jennifer McGuire and 2peasinabucket for doing the "Thinking Inking" classes. I have started to use my distress inks more and now have purchased a few alcohol inks and I LOVE them.

This card uses a couple of the techniques from Jennifer McGuire's classes. The background scallop is from this weeks Part 1 - using alcohol inks and the embossing of the Silhouette Corner stamp is from an earlier week. I used a mixture of blues and green with some pearl fixative to make this one.
I used my new Buff Pearl Green embossing powder on a dark brown circle. The butterfly is from Spellbinders and is also alcohol inked. I used the blending solution to make the background a tad lighter. The card is cut just a little smaller than a normal sized card - not quite square but near enough.
I've also got 3 other backgrounds done - red and butterscotch with a touch of copper, blue's with a touch of green and green and butterscotch with lots of pearl fixative making it really shiny. Just need to get them made up into a card.
Thanks for looking. I'm off to try inking up shrinky dink to make some embellishments. If they turn out I'll post ....

3 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! What a stunning card! Love the green embossing powder. It looks shimmery. And the alcohol ink scalloped background and softer, lighter butterfly are amazing! :-)

Tomo H. said...

Very beautiful card, Dawn! The details are amazingly beautiful! The butterfly and the embossed part are lovely, too. :)

Jacqueline said...

This is such a beautiful card, such a gorgeous tone of green!