Sunday 1 November 2009

Ornamental Christmas


Ornamental Christmas
Originally uploaded by turleyfamily(Dawn)

This card was inspired by Laura's card on Wednesday at the Hero Arts blog. She used a stamp for her ornament, where I used the idea and cut out a circle from some silver embossed card I had made last week for a challenge over at 2peas. I used Laura's idea for a topper on the ornament and I made a double bow with my bow-easy and printed ribbon.  My sentiment from HA Sparkle Clear set - Holiday messages was embossed with a powder called Silver Tinsel. I finished with rounded corners and faux stitching ( a la Kristina Werner)
I added some Kindyglitz to the edge of the ornament and the topper.  Due to taking the photo at night I didn't get a true representation of the lovely red card.  It is a much deeper red in true life.  I am experimenting with my light board still.  I just can't seem to get the lighting quite right yet.

Last week I send some stamped images off  to Paula in Australia.... go and visit her blog to see what she did with one of them.... Her colouring-in is just awesome. 

Didn't get too much crafting done over the weekend.... way too nice weather to be inside all day.
Hope everyone's week is great.  Thanks for popping in.

7 comments:

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn, love your christmas card. It looks really great. I always forget that you can use other materials in the embossing folders. Also thanks so much for sending me those wonderful images :). I truely did have a great time colouring in that sweet fairy.

Suzanne C said...

Love the foil ornament. Sooo lovely!

Kelly Booth said...

Gorgeous Ornament Card Dawn...Love it!!

Vanessa said...

Love your fab ornament! Beautiful, Dawn!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Tiffany Ervin said...

Lovely ornament and looks especially striking against the red base! Love this Dawn!

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Beautiful card! Love it! :-)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]YoPrHhuQcFD[/url] - MhvDWt , http://hhmgziigpu.com