Friday 18 December 2009

A few last minute Christmas cards

As usual.... I got a card from someone I hadn't sent one to.... so thought I'd better get a few last minute cards done for just this reason...  I was trolling the web as I usually do of an evening and came across the Penny Black website and saw a lovely card there with a flourish tree.... so thought about the stamps I had and adapted the design.  These are what I can up with.  One I used a Stamp-It tree and a Hero Arts greeting stamp and the other one I used a Inkadinkadoo tree and a computer generated greeting.  The bottom flourish is a $2 stamp by Kaisercraft.  For the brown tree I used a watercolour pencil and some distress ink to colour it.  The other tree was all watercolour pencils blended with a Tombow colourless marker and a bit of distress ink round the edge of the panel. 


Tonight I am making another Christmas card with one of the new Cuttlebug folders that I just got... the new Holly Border one... I saw a card made by Sarah at Stamp'n'create and am using it as my inspiration.   It is really lovely... uses black card and Pearlex powders.  Hopefully I'll get it finished for photographing tomorrow.  It's the BIG clean up tomorrow ( my Mum is coming on Wed to stay for 2 1/2 weeks)
Thanks for stopping by.  I really appreciate all the wonderful comments. 
Take care
PS make sure you visit Hero Arts blog tomorrow.... the BIG blog hop is on....

3 comments:

Pajalu said...

Wow Dawn these two cards are just so pretty. I love the colouring you have done on them :D

Tiffany Ervin said...

Awwww...these are wonderful Dawn, I don't think you could ever go wrong with the simple elegance of tree cards, there's just something magical about them, you know! Really love the look of these!!

Suzanne C said...

What lovely tree cards! They both turned out beautifully.