Wednesday 23 December 2009

One last post before Christmas...

I had a great afternoon yesterday, spending time with my daughter.  We bought some interesting material to try out an apron pattern she has.... She has an amazing idea for a photo of her and her bridesmaids - that involves retro aprons... but can't say any more yet... ( NB Wedding isn't until 27 Nov 2010 - but this is one totally organised woman!!!)

Anyway we made a couple of aprons ( to give away to some special people ) and had a ball all afternoon. We also managed to make a garter band for the wedding as well...

I managed to get a couple of cards done this week.  One for my parents who celebrate their 53rd wedding anniversary between Christmas and New Year and one for my niece who's birthday is on the 2nd January.  She will be 13.  I got some amazing image from the lovely Deborah Nolan that were from The Greeting Farm - the most amazingly sophisticated fairies.... I was rather pleased with the outcome  (BTW  visit Deborah's blog for the most amazing cards and the best posts ever.  She is just so clever with words)

I used my watercolour crayons and a Tombow marker pen to colour it in.  Don't have enough Copics to do it justice.  I attempted to use the techinque of cutting out the oval nestie with leaving some bits hanging over the side.... didn't quite work, but still happy with the result.   The one for my parents is very simple but I liked the elegance of it.  The Peelcraft flourishes were changed from silver to green with a Copic marker.

Well I should be finishing the housework and baking for Christmas.  I head off to the airport after lunch to pick up my parents so am very happy and excited about that....  I haven't seen them for over a year now... Sept 2008 when I went and visited them for 5 days over on the Gold Coast of Australia.  We are heading off Emma and Brad's for dinner with his parents as well... so an early Christmas get together for the two families.

May everyone have a great Christmas.
Best wishes to you all.  Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Such creative projects you've been working on....very lovely cards! I agree that Deborah is a gem and her blog a bright spot on the web. I am so impressed with your daughter's organizational skills, not to mention her inventiveness. Here's hoping she enjoys every moment of planning her wedding while keeping in mind that it is just a day and the future marriage is the most important detail.
Christmas Blessings to you and yours!

Suzanne C said...

Love the idea of the apron cant wait to see the finished product. The anniversary card is gorgeous and love how you have colored the fairy. Very pretty!

Tiffany Ervin said...

How fun, now I really can't wait to see what that apron and the bridesmaids gifts are...hmmmmm!! Beautiful GF card, I've always admired those images! And the anniversary card is so beautiful with all the flowers, I can HEAR your excitment from over here! You are going to have so much fun when you see your parents! Take care!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Dawn! Looks like you spent a wonderful day with your DD!
She looks like such a sweetie--must take after you!
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Peace & Joy,
Donna

Diana said...

ADORABLE cards Dawn!

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Sounds like you're having fun! I love the Greeting Farm Fairy that you colored! I like the blue and green wings with the sparkle! Hope you and yours have a terrific holiday and a prosperous New Year! :-)

Tomo H. said...

Lovely cards!
Enjoyed reading your story. I can't wait to see the finished aprons!
Merry Christmas, Dawn! (Sorry I was a little late to come here, because I didn't think about the time difference between your country and mine carelessly. :( )
Hope you have a wonderful holidays!
Love, Tomo