Monday 18 January 2010

Sunday walk and Inspiration from my garden...


This past weekend, Auckland has had some wonderful weather.... so after a lie in on Sunday, reading the morning paper.... Hubby and I decided to go for a walk.... that we ended up at the coffee shop was just coincidental!!! ..... It was warm but not too sunny.  Normally when I go out for a walk I wear my trainers and stride off... leaving him dawdling along behind... but yesterday I decided to wear the jandals and saunter along with him.  Very pleasant I tell you.  I took the camera along with me as I wanted to gets some flower photos.   I adore taking photos close up of wonderful coloured flowers.  Didn't see too many flowers but captured a series of photos of the walk.  We went right from our place down to Murrays Bay - the bay with the wharf on it... and then walked along the pipeline to Mairangi Bay.  After the coffee and a scone we back-tracked and headed home.   Such a nice way to spend some time together.




Back home I did get a great photo of a flower in the garden.  It is such a vibrant colour combination that it inspired me to make this card.  I had watched Dawn McVey's video the other week, showing how to make the flowers and the colours of the real flower decided me to give it ago.  A while back Lucy had made some text background that she sent to me, so this was my base - I used the nestie to cute out the 5 scallops needed, sponged the Dusty Concord ink over the back and the edges and followed Dawn's instructions.... found the perfect yellow button for the middle... The design is one I used last year - makes a lovely card, using one of my favourite HA Stamps...

Yesterday afternoon I also managed to make the Anniversary card for hubby for our 32nd anniversary on Thursday... had to be a bit sneaky as he was smooching around... I sent him outside with the travel brochures to look for hotels and sightseeing trips for our overseas holiday and that kept him occupied for most of the afternoon.  This is what I came up with  - inside it says " May our life journey together never end... all my love"    I think he will like it...
Thanks for stopping by.... hope your weekend was as happy and fun as mine.  Take care

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

I am so jealous! I love summer, I need summer, I hate winter!!! Beautiful photos and your cards are stunning! Love them!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Lin said...

FUN post today, Dawn, and Happy Anniversary! Congratulations to you and hubby! Loved your pictures and your card - beautiful design!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh this is so nice Dawn, what a lovely capture of your day and it looks gorgeous outside! Love that boat!! Your cards are beautiful and the flower is such a crisp, detailed shot, I love it, makes me happy!

donna mikasa said...

Love your photo collage! What a wonderful way to capture your day!
Your lavender card is so pretty--love that flower!--and your hubby will love your anniversary card. Happy 32nd to the both of you!

Suzanne C said...

What a lovely walk you took! The pictures are so fun and glad you shared them in a collage! The flower card is beautiful and I can see the inspiration in the purple flower. Love that anniversary card! It is so clever with the details representing your anniversary and a perfect card for a man!

Diana said...

Oh my gosh, love that photo collage!! Great anniversary card

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! What a terrific card inspired by the flower in your photograph! I love the colors, the torn paper edges, the fern leaves, and the scalloped paper flower! :-)

Lucy Abrams said...

Gosh I envy you living in such a beautiful country. Sadly, when we visited Auckland it was raining, but we still LOVED it.

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Great cards, Dawn. Are you taking visitors? LOL