Sunday 21 March 2010

Flowery fun

Yesterday I had a busy morning doing the housework but when I got into the craft room (aka The Office) I got a bit side tracked...  Last week I had bought some Darkroom Door stamps - not realising they were unmounted rubber.  So finally got some tacky stuff and added it to one of my acrylic mounts so I could use the stamps.  The set is called Viva La Flora and has 4 really nice stamps - 2 silhouettes with writing backgrounds and 2 with sentiments.
I decided to do a resist technique with one of the silhouette stamps.

I started with a piece of pink spotted paper with a touch of lacy look in the corner ( 1/4 of a 12x12 page) and stuck it to my card base, distressing the edges with Tattered rose distress ink.  I stamped the flowers in Versafine Onyx black and quickly embossed with clear EP. I then used some shabby shutters for the stems and Tattered rose for the rest of the piece.  I also added a touch of Dusty concord to the flowers.  I layered onto the blue, distressing the edge with my fingernail. Added some variegated brown crochet cotton threaded through a blue Fimo button ( my first attempt at making buttons) and added to the card base at an angle.  Added the sentiment by Hero Arts.

Then last night while hubby was watching Super 14 rugby - I broke out another new stamp.  This time Silhouette Bells by Hero Arts.  Got a bit of a thing going with silhouette stamps at the moment.  Again used the wonderful resist technique that Tami and Jennifer used a few weeks back on the HA Blog. 

I started by stamping the blue PP with Old French writing in Broken China Distress ink then used Versamark and clear embossing with the Silhouette stamp. I then used Shabby shutters and Peeled paint for the leaves and Faded Jeans for the bluebells. Turned out really good. Embossed the sentiment in silver embossing powder.

Thanks for taking the time to look...Hope your weekend is going well... we are still enjoying lovely late summer weather so I can still get my photos taken outside on my outdoor table.  Long may it continue!!!!

5 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Love both of your cards, Dawn! The fimo button looks pretty on your card! GREAT job! I love your emboss resist... especailly the 2nd one is just lovely as I love the color combo.

Pajalu said...

My goodness when you get "distracted" you do good :D. I love your cards they are both lovely. I think your emboss resist is perfect & love the button. Was it hard to do? No don't answer that I don't need to be buying anything else ;) xoxoxoxoxoxo

Suzanne C said...

Both cards are beautiful! Love the dark colors you used on the first one and the emboss resist. The second one's colors are fantastic and so very pretty!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very lovely cards!!I love how real and life like the flowers look on your first card, beautiful!

Kathy said...

Wow I love them both Dawn! Teh fimo button is fantastic !