Saturday 17 April 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge #25

Today I visited Nancy's blog and saw she had entered the Play Date Cafe challenge #25. 
 This weeks challenge is to use Black and White and a splash of Orange.  I was inspired by Nancy's card and also the lovely Suzz - who is host designer for the week.  I thought about what I could do and straight away I thought of my darkroom door stamps and one in particular - so here's what I came up with

I stamped the Daisies ( darkroom door - Viva La Flora Vol 2) onto the white card in Versafine Black and then water coloured the petals with Orange aqua crayons. I doodled round the edge of the image and then put it onto the black card matted onto the white base. Added the sentiment ( Inkadinkadoo) embossed in detail white EP.  I added the tiniest bit of grey on the steams of the flowers to tone down the stark whiteness. I am quite pleased how this turned out.  It was a super quick card - 20 mins from the time I thought of what to do till I was outside photographing it.  The longest bit was waiting for the water colouring to dry so I could mat it!!!!

Hope the weekend is great for you all.  Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Dawn..your card is so elegant..love that black and the orange/red color of your flower looks so vibrant and so awesome...really beautifully done Dawn, have a nice weekend...hugs

Allison Rankin said...

Stunning...love the drama of the red against the black!

Tiffany Ervin said...

So pretty and dramatic in color and texture, love the watercoloring effect!

Sanne said...

You really brought life into the flowers here - amazing card Dawn!!!!

Nancy said...

Amazing card design, Dawn! What an incredibly beautiful and classy card. I just love it...good luck with the challenge!
blessings,
nancy

Jane said...

GORGEOUS card!!
I'm so sorry to read about your friend.

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous card, Dawn! Very stunning in black and orange!

Suzanne C said...

Love how you used the colors. That pop of orange is fantastic! The design is very elegant. Glad you decided to play along too!