Sunday 11 July 2010

Creative Saturday.

(Just a warning... long post!!! but would love to have you visit)

I have been busy reading blogs and just pottering so there have been no posts for a few days.. Did have a nice surprise on Friday morning when I found out I had been on Hero Arts blog Social Thursday ( see here - my card is the last one) Was pretty chuffed I can tell you!!!  Did a wee ya hoo in the office when I had a look!!!

Yesterday ( Saturday) was my stamp group at Stamp'n'create and what a fun day... we did lots of talking and stamping and again the most amazing lunch... fantastic soup from Sue B, awesome potato and seafood salad from Sarah, asparagus rolls, ginger slice, banana cake...
anyway I had a very creative day.... knew there were a few things I wanted to try/do...starting with some distress resist,
Gina K had this on Stamp TV - here - stamping in versamark, clear embossing and adding distress inks and then some black around the images to make them pop...
here's my take... a bit softer looking but I am very pleased with the result
I used some cream Bazzil to give the appearance of linen, used Crushed Olive and Broken China, with just the littlest bit of Black Soot round the butterflies.    Finished with a Peel craft sentiment coloured with black Copic.  Used my old favourite Heart winged Butterfly... needed inking up again!!!

My next card is because I have a friend turning 50 this week.... I have always loved the Stella images by Bugaboo Stamps... ( here they are) so bought the over the hill one on Friday ...
Isn't it a hoot!!!  Great for colouring in.  I just printed it out, coloured and then used one of my long rectangle nesties to cut out.  Just got the Martha Stewart lace punch so used it.

My next two cards came about as I had bought Issue 78 of Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine and the freebie this issue was a pack of designer papers ( 6x6) by Kate Knight.
It is really lovely.  I used the ideas in the magazine for my inspirations of the following two.
This one I changed the position of the sentiment, made it an oval and used a Hero Arts sentiment - Don't you just love HA clear stamps... this one was one long sentiment, which I cut in half to get it onto the oval - The original had a tea bag folded medallion on it, but I liked the simplicity of the papers.
This one was fun to make as Sue B and I both decided to use some of this paper and the idea in the magazine but our cards turned out a bit different.  Sue used a normal A6 card and I used a square card,  We both cut out and put the birds on a scalloped oval - her was smaller than mine ( her card was landscape).  We used different ribbons, I added some silver stickles to mine... so it was fun to start with the same paper and design and to see the differences. I still have to decide on a sentiment

Well thanks for taking the time to read this... I realise it was a bit long... but I like to share my creativity.  I always have such fun stamping with friends and Judi does such amazing demo's and make and takes at Stamp'n'create stamp group days~~~

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Dawn, I love your cards.

Barb said...

Love this post, Dawn! These cards are all so great! I love the soft colors of your gorgeous background on the butterfly card! The one with Stella is so fun! Beautiful papers on the last two! So cool that they were free! I love the two birds with the silver sparkle!

Pajalu said...

Wow Dawn, you have been busy :D. I love seeing what you create on your crafty Saturdays - so very inspiring! Your cards are wonderful & Missy Em thinks the purple one is beautiful xoxoxoxoxoxo

stampingandstitching said...

Wow you've been one busy lady Dawn! Congrats on being featured on the HA Social Club! Your heart winged butterfly card is stunning - I must use that stamp more often too. The over the hill one is so funny!! Your last two cards are so pretty too. Love seeing all your cards!

Lin said...

I love long posts! You had a great day, didn't you - and it shows in all these wonderful cards. I loved seeing heart-winged butterfly, and I must remember to use it the way you did; turned out beautifully!
Love the over the hill sentiment....sounds like me some days:) Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Dawn.

Jill said...

I love each of these! The first distress resist card is especially soft and beautiful!

Virginia L. said...

What a lovely post, Dawn! So happy that your card was featured in the Social Club! Congrats!!

Virginia L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anita Rex said...

What lovely cards! The hill one made me laugh! Was so happy to see you on social club thursday!

donna mikasa said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on being featured in the HA Social Club! And I love seeing your different cardmaking styles--so very inspiring!

Suzanne C said...

These crafty sessions sound like so much fun! Not only that your cards are so lovely. Love the over the hill card. Too funny.

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Dawn...so sorry just come to your blog again...I love your red card and the card with purple DP it is so lovely and the BUGABOO Images is so cute :) ...your butterfly card is simple adorable...hugs

Tiffany Ervin said...

So happy you got in some wonderful crafting time! You must have missed it terribly while you were gone, albeit you were enjoying your trip too! Lovely creations you've made here and congrats on the Social Thursday, how fun!