Tuesday 27 July 2010

Inspiration from others....

I love going through the Hero Arts Flickr photo group as there is just so much inspiration there... As I am still suffering my cold ( now had Thurs, Friday, half of Monday and today off work!!!) and despite having lots of part done cards.... not much mojo going on.  Been sleeping lots during the day as coughing most of the night... so a visit to the photo stream for some inspiration.
I came across a whole pile of cards by Terry.  She made a couple of cards ( here and here) where she used distress ink on the Poppy Background and spritzed it with water.  I liked this technique so gave it a go.
I started with a piece of cream textured card stock and inked up my stamp with Forest Moss and Tumbled Glass inks, spritzed with pearlised water.  On the texture it looks a bit like canvas.  I then spritzed again and added some clear EP.  Quite a bit blew off but some stuck and enhanced the textured look.  I coloured in the poppies with a mixture of distress inks and water coloured pencils.  My matted background looks blue but in real life is more greeny.   So a big thanks to Terry for setting me off on this path.

Hope your week is starting better than mine has.... feeling a lot better though this afternoon ( even if I am still sitting here in my PJ's and dressing gown at 4.30 in the afternoon) - back to work tomorrow...

Cheers and thanks for popping by.

9 comments:

Barb said...

I love the way this card turned out, Dawn! I sure hope you feel better soon! I hate coughs! They seem to hang on forever!

Tomo H. said...

Hi, Dawn! Are you all right?
But... you made such a wonderful and artistic card!!!
It really looks like a drawing on a canvas! I so love this card! :)
Hope your rapid recovery, and hope you enjoy the wonderful winter season!
Hugs, Tomo

Diana said...

Lovely card Dawn. Feel better soon.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wonderful inspiration from Terry, saw her cards too! Love this look you've created from her card, very beautiful distressing!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous, Dawn! It's a real work of art. I'm so sorry to hear you are ailing but there's nothing like the joy of creating something beautiful to make you feel better. You are in my prayers, sweet friend.
blessings to you

stampingandstitching said...

I hope you are feeling much better now Dawn. At least you will be well recovered before you go on holidays. Your card is gorgeous! I love the way it looks like a painting - you achieved a wonderful effect with the techniques you used.

Anita Rex said...

Oh no Dawn I hope that you are feeling better by the time that you read this! No more sick no fun! At least you can take joy in knowing that you will be on vacation soon and by than surely you will be well! Love how you did this card, such a great look!

Suzanne C said...

Another fabulous card. Glad you are better. (see the advantage of catching up is I know you are already feeling better. :)

Beautiful colors you have selected!

Monika Reeck said...

Love the background you have made dear...so fantastic....wonderful card....